Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anyone sue someone who is committed of bigamy?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mrcurious

Arresto Menor

Atty,
Ask lang po. May friend po ako na girl twice sya kinasal. Ang concern po nya is.. 1) can anyone file a case againts her? For ex. Khit po neighbor lng nila pero alam yun situation nya. 2) yun sa NSO hindi daw po ba ma detect don if someone is committed to bigamy if the civil registrar forwarded the marriage certificate issued by municipal/city hall to the NSO.
Pls help po coz my friend is bothered now.. Thank you

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

first im not a lawyer:) but if im not mistaken? adultery is a private crime, only the legal husband can file a case against her. unlike bigamy, na kahit sino pwde mag habla. though its both crime against status? may consideration sa babae na nag humitad ng paulit ulit:) but stil.. it is a private crime kya legal na asawang pinag taksilan lng ang may rights na mag habla. dahil sya ang kinaliwa:) ha ha ha. ano daw? :p

mrcurious

Arresto Menor

Actually yun asawa nya unanh nag loko at nag kaanak sa iba pero ngayon natapos n ang relasyon sa naging kabit ng dati nyang asawa. So ngayon na si girl na ang nging ok at gusto lumagay sa tahimik nag pakasal sya sa iba pra ma petition sya ng guy. So may posibilidad kya na ma issuehan sya ng new marriage contract? Thank you

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

its clear na nasa adultery stage ang kasal na ginawa ng babae. remember na according sa phil law? any1 sa bansang pinas ay 1 beses lng dpt mag pakasal. maliban kung sila ay muslim:) but anyway, hndi na basehan ditto o tanong kung sino ang naunang mag kasala o ano pa man. hndi natin maaring gamitin bilang depensa sa kasong adultery ang unang pag lolokong sinsabi ng naunang asawa. posbile na mag karon sya ng bagong m.c. subalit ito ay mag aapear sa cenomar nya na twice sya nag pakasal. pero gya ng sabi ko kanina kung di ako nag kakamali? ang una o legal na asawa lng ang maaring mag habla sa babae ng kasong adultery. madaming paraan para mapawalng bias ang naunang kasal. pag aralan at planuhin mabuti. an jan ang pag file ng petition upang ipa walang bias ang valid na kasal gamit ang ibat ibang ground o dahilan. o kya, annulment na mejo may kamahalan:) o kya, mag pakasal sa ibang bansa sa embahada ng pilipinas upang wlang bigamy at adultery na maihahabla dahil sa labas ng bansa naganap ang kasalan. but go back to ypur main question. adultery is a private crime against status. and only the legal husband can file and sue a case against her:) wag na isipin pa ang usapin at kasunduang barangay kung sakali. dahil wa epek yan at di yan brgy matter:)

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

nag pm ako sau:( kya lng di nag send hahaha.. share info and idea tayo. give me your number kung ok lng sayo. I have something to ask. and in return I will seek and gather ideas reg sa case mo. tnx:)

mrcurious

Arresto Menor

Bakit? Ano ba case mo? Bakit nga pala medyo may alam ka sa batas?

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

haha mas maganda in private conversation natin pag usapan yan. Smile since newbe ang account nato? hndi ako mka pag pm sau eh:)

mrcurious

Arresto Menor

We chat na lng o kya bbm pin

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

ok.. email add mo? tweeter? fb? Skype? oovoo? viber? instagram? line? gmail? Hotmail? net mail? yazak id? supra id? anything kung saan kita pwde ma contact:) anyway basta wait na lng payagan ng moderator mka pag pm ang account nato then il send you a msg.

attention gwapong JD888...!! musta na? its me.. raheem:)

attyLLL

you guys should get a room.

but bigamy can be filed by any person

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

mrcurious wrote:Atty,
Ask lang po. May friend po ako na girl twice sya kinasal. Ang concern po nya is.. 1) can anyone file a case againts her? For ex. Khit po neighbor lng nila pero alam yun situation nya.  2) yun sa NSO hindi daw po ba ma detect don if someone is committed to bigamy if the civil registrar forwarded the marriage certificate issued by municipal/city hall to the NSO.
Pls help po coz my friend is bothered now.. Thank you

Depende yan! kung ang kasal ay both held in the Philippines kahit saang lugar pa ng Pilipinas magkakaroon sya ng problema. Pero kung kasal sya sa Pilipinas at sa ibang bansa hindi sakop ng Philippines jurisdiction ang ikalawang kasal. Kahit na parehong nasa NSO pa ang record kung hindi parehong sa Pilipinas naganap ang kasalan hindi mag prosper ang case.

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

awv. paki give advice naman dun sa iba kong post. salamt po:)

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

most_hated_me wrote:first im not a lawyer:) but if im not mistaken? adultery is a private crime, only the legal husband can file a case against her. unlike bigamy, na kahit sino pwde mag habla. though its both crime against status? may consideration sa babae na nag humitad ng paulit ulit:) but stil.. it is a private crime kya legal na asawang pinag taksilan lng ang may rights na mag habla. dahil sya ang kinaliwa:) ha ha ha. ano daw? :p

Depende kung may valid reason ang asawa kung bakit iniwan ito kailangan makafile ng annulment.

What are the grounds for annulment?

1. Lack of parental consent in certain cases. If a party is 18 years or over, but below 21, and the marriage was solemnized without the consent of the parents/guardian. However, the marriage is validated if, upon reaching 21, the spouses freely cohabited with the other and both lived together as husband and wife.

2. INSANITY. A marriage may be annulled if, at the time of marriage, either party was of unsound mind, unless such party after coming to reason, freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife.

3. FRAUD. The consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless such party afterwards, with full knowledge of the facts constituting the fraud, freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife. Fraud includes: (i) non-disclosure of a previous conviction by final judgment of the other party of a crime involving moral turpitude; (ii) concealment by the wife of the fact that at the time of the marriage, she was pregnant by a man other than her husband; (iii) concealment of sexually transmissible disease or STD, regardless of its nature, existing at the time of the marriage; or (iv) concealment of drug addiction, habitual alcoholism or homosexuality or lesbianism existing at the time of the marriage. However, no other misrepresentation or deceit as to character, health, rank, fortune or chastity shall constitute such fraud as will give grounds for action for the annulment of marriage.

4. FORCE, intimidation or undue influence. If the consent of either party was obtained by any of these means, except in cases wherein the force, intimidation or undue influence having disappeared or ceased, the complaining party thereafter freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife.

5. Impotence. At the time of marriage, either party was physically incapable of consummating the marriage with the other, and such incapacity continues and appears to be incurable. Impotence is different from being infertile.

6. STD. If, at the time of marriage, either party was afflicted with a sexually-transmissible disease found to be serious and appears to be incurable. If the STD is not serious or is curable, it may still constitute fraud (see No. 3 above).

http://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-divorce-legal-separation-in-the-philippines-questions-and-answers/

most_hated_me

Arresto Menor

tnx. saka po yung mga topics I started. tnx

haunt

Arresto Menor

Dear AWV, Sir nagpakasal ako sa consulate dati sa ibang bansa regsitered sya sa NSO..pero both kami pumayag na maghiwalay at nagpaksal ako sa gf ko sa Pinas sa judge,,so sinabi nyo po before na pag sa ibang bansa kahit reguistered sa NSO ay hidne under sa jurisdiction?? so hinde pwede ma annul 2nd marriage ko as bigamous?? pls help..salamat po

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

haunt wrote:Dear AWV, Sir nagpakasal ako sa consulate dati sa ibang bansa regsitered sya sa NSO..pero both kami pumayag na maghiwalay at nagpaksal ako sa gf ko sa Pinas sa judge,,so sinabi nyo po before na pag sa ibang bansa kahit reguistered sa NSO ay hidne under sa jurisdiction?? so hinde pwede ma annul 2nd marriage ko as bigamous?? pls help..salamat po

Don't get confused! this only applies to Filipino married to foreigner. If you marry both Filipina, even you are married abroad, both are under Philippines jurisdiction as it will be forwarded by the embassy to NSO. In other words, your second marriage is null and void!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum