Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions about Vacation leaves and Double Pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cebuano

Arresto Menor

On regular Holiday's our company would ask us to choose whether or not we'd avail of 1 day leave credit (we are only given half a day leave credits per month so we'd always end up choosing an extra Vacation leave) or double pay. Is this lawful?

attyLLL

first, if you have worked at least one year, you are already entitled to 5 days annual paid leave by law. no need to 'earn' it.

nevertheless, i am not aware of any prohibition against this scheme.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

it's the same as double pay, either you choose to be paid doubled or you avail 1 extra day of VL..

cebuano

Arresto Menor

Thanks!!! So by law, As long as the company gives you a minimum of 5 days Vacation leave, it's ok?

In our case, we earn half a day sick leave and half a day vacation leave credits every month. So in a year we only get 6 sick leave credits, and 6 Vacation leave credits aside from the regular holiday vacation leave credits that we get.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

yes for as long as you get a minimum of 5 days. In your case, you are already getting 12 days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum