Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holyday Pay and Vacation leaves

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holyday Pay and Vacation leaves Empty Holyday Pay and Vacation leaves Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:00 am

darkvan15

Arresto Menor

Hi to all and good morning, i just want to ask about the compensation pay on holydays, i have been in my currect company for almost 2 years and its a BPO company, when i start working in this company the policy on holyday is that even if your shift starts at 23:00 your whole shift will compensated as 200%, and a few months ago they change this policy, and the new policy states that the number of hours you work for that day "holyday" are the only hours that is considered as 200%, they even told us that the previous policy is against the Labor code of the Phil.

My other concern is about the automatic filling of your Vacation leave, this started after the foolding due to the moonson, I was not able to go to work for 2 day because our subdivison is flooded, when i went back to our office and check my email i recieve an email from our HR personnel that the 2 days that i was not able to go in the office has been filled as vacation leave by them. They didnt even gave any financial or relief assistance to those who are affected the flooding.

Me and by colleages really need help on this matter, and we would like to thank in advance for your answers.

Thank you again and God Bleess

2Holyday Pay and Vacation leaves Empty Re: Holyday Pay and Vacation leaves Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 pm

attyLLL

sorry to say that i am in agreement with the company on this one. while it is a gray area, i would indeed consider reasonable to pay premium only for the actual hours withing the day which is a holiday.

you can make an argument that if they have been providing that benefit for a long time then they cannot remove it.

except for the day declared as for no work, then it is reasonable to charge vl rather than apply no work - no pay.

as for financial and relief, i'm also sorry to say that there is no legal obligation for the company to provide that.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum