Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vacation Leave - Out of the country

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vacation Leave - Out of the country Empty Vacation Leave - Out of the country Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:41 pm

jhade82

jhade82
Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

I have a staff requesting for 1 month leave as she will go to Australia for a vacation. She still has sufficient leave credits so she can file it with pay. I've escalated this as well to our Manager and he said that we can only approve maximum of 2 weeks leave with pay since our main operations will be affected due to staffing. My staff is requesting for some consideration since the main purpose of her visit is to actually look for a new job in AU. She mentioned that she will go back to work after the requested 1 month leave. Will there be any violations if we will only approve 2 weeks leave?

Thanks and more power!

2Vacation Leave - Out of the country Empty hmm Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:57 am

carl434

Arresto Mayor

id say to help her out, give her the 2 weeks and while she there get a doctors notice for the other 2 weeks. worked for me when i had that problem.

3Vacation Leave - Out of the country Empty Re: Vacation Leave - Out of the country Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:41 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Jhade82, there is no violation if you would only allow two weeks of her requested leave. Vacation leave approval is a management prerogative. Also, IMO, 1 month leave is too much especially if you are in the operations

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum