Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

JOB OFFER RETRACTION

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1JOB OFFER RETRACTION Empty JOB OFFER RETRACTION Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:56 am

jpaja

Arresto Menor

Hi,
May I ask for a legal advice regarding my employment? I resigned from my former job--WIPRO on April and had a proper clearance.
On April 5, I signed a contract with a new company—24/7 Inc., stating that my start date is on June 17, 2013. I have processed all the required medical exams and secured clearance from corresponding doctors. June 13 came; I have gone through with their Pre-Hire Orientation. But on the next day, they suddenly decided to move my start date to July 1 for the reason that they need my COE. They are claiming that I have a pending issue with Wipro. On June 24, I have submitted the said document and got an assurance from the HR officer of WIPRO that I’m completely cleared and previous issue doesn’t have any bearing with my future employment.
I exerted all effort to ensure that I will be in full compliance with 24-7 Inc. policies. However, as of my last coordination with the HR officer of 24-7, she informed me that my start date will be moved again on July 15. Thus, saying that she can’t give me an assurance that they won’t retract my job offer. This constant delay of my start date has been very disheartening. I feel so discriminated at this point since I cannot see any reason why they would retract my job offer. I have declined numerous offers in respect with my existing contract with them. I am a solo parent and this job means a lot to me.
Is there any legal provision regarding this matter? Does 24-7 have the right to retract the contract despite the confirmation from my former employer that I’m already cleared? I badly need your help.

Thank you.

2JOB OFFER RETRACTION Empty Re: JOB OFFER RETRACTION Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:58 pm

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

Were you able to sign the job contract which indicates the exact date of your report for duty? Normally the employer/company would tell when to report for work. For as long as there are some needed documents that you need to submit, they can always move the effectivity date of your report for duty and if the HR decides not to pursue your employment, they can do it too.

3JOB OFFER RETRACTION Empty job offer retraction Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:53 pm

jpaja

Arresto Menor

Yes, i was able to sign the contract stating that my start date is on june 17. Its saddening to know na parang wala akong habol sa kanila despit all the efforts and resources spent to comply.. Crying or Very sad 

Thank you for your response.

anyaresatin wrote:Were you able to sign the job contract which indicates the exact date of your  report for duty?  Normally the employer/company would tell when to report for work.  For as long as there are some needed documents that you need to submit,  they can always  move the effectivity date of your report for duty and if the HR decides not to pursue your employment, they can  do it too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum