Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHARACTER REFERENCE caused retraction of JOB OFFER

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eonnah

eonnah
Arresto Menor

Ask ko lang po kung meron kami pwede i-file na case sa current TL ko kasi nag apply ako sa company A, got the job offer and nag aayos na ako ng requirements. I was asked to list 3 names under character reference bago pa man ako i-background check..

when they called one of my prev TL's he gave me a rating of 4 & 5 para dun sa mga questions na ibinigay ng company A. But when they called my present TL, she disclosed my hr case (na cleared na) and she also said she would not recommend me for hire...

**side note -- ung hearing na un ay ginawa nung october. kinalkal nya lang ang isa sa coaching sessions namin nung july na may resolutions and action plan na..** (dapat noon pa lang nagreklamo na ako)

so company A called me again para ibalik ko daw ang contract.
sayang ang offer at benefits.

TL claims na ayaw nya masira integrity nya.
but ang ending, confidentiality ng company bnreak nya..

any suggestions?
or tips para maka-danyos man lang kami sa kanya or sa company...

TIA.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

is there anything sa sinabi ng TL mo na hindi totoo?

http://www.councilviews.com

eonnah

eonnah
Arresto Menor

wala naman po.

eonnah

eonnah
Arresto Menor

hndi ko lang po sure kung part ng character reference yung pagsabi nya ng hearing ko..

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

How did you know na nag-disclose sya nun?

Hindi kaya tinanong kasi sya at sumagot lang sya?

Did you talk to your TL to ask her for a positive feedback dun sa tumawag?

http://www.councilviews.com

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

You may ask Company A more details so you can find out whether you were defamed, what was told the prospective employer were untruths or you are being discriminated against.

However if everything that was told were true, then Company A would not hire you based on the negative feedback. Note that it is not illegal to tell the truth about an employee. A character reference is useful for an employer to find out about prospective employees.

eonnah

eonnah
Arresto Menor

council wrote:How did you know na nag-disclose sya nun?

Hindi kaya tinanong kasi sya at sumagot lang sya?

Did you talk to your TL to ask her for a positive feedback dun sa tumawag?

-- kinausap ako mismo ng hr and sinabi daw ni tl un details ng hearing proactively

nung tinanung ko nman si tl sabi, nag-confirm lang daw ung company A kung totoo un... kung totoo man ang claim nung tl ko, sana tinanung din ung isa pang character ref about it... kaso puro please rate lang ang tanung ni company A sa kanya..

eonnah

eonnah
Arresto Menor

betchay001 wrote:You may ask Company A more details so you can find out whether you were defamed, what was told the prospective employer were untruths or you are being discriminated against.  

However if everything that was told were true, then Company A would not hire you based on the negative feedback. Note that it is not illegal to tell the truth about an employee. A character reference is useful for an employer to find out about prospective employees.

-- we are trying to ask them why they asked me to return my contract. sabi nila ok nman un sa isa kong char ref kasi puro positive ung sinabi sa akin. pero dahil andami sinabing bad ni present TL sa akin, ayun na.. binawian ako ng contract

nung pmunta nga ako sa company A, ang bungad nung HR sa akin, "may galit ba sayo ang TL mo?" kasi syempre hndi nman ako maglalagay ng tao na sisira sa akin para sa next company, which she did... kaya nakakaloka.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum