Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary on hold

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary on hold Empty Salary on hold Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:39 am

ellaine.alumaga

Arresto Menor

Good Day to all.

I wanted to inquire if it is legal for an employer to hold the salary of employee/s who are not submitting their requirements after several reminders?  What are the implications of this?

Thank you very much.

Ellaine

2Salary on hold Empty Re: Salary on hold Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:36 pm

attyLLL

if this is for clearance after termination, you can hold it for a reasonable period. but if not, this should not be done.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Salary on hold Empty Re: Salary on hold Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 am

sherlock101

Arresto Menor

Good day, I would like to ask if it is legal to hold employee's salary for an indefinite period? Our Company released a memo making this as punishment for Employees that will be late on submitting their report. 

Also, is there any actions that can be made to an employer who habitually delays the release of our salary and in installment terms, i.e. 80% first then 20% a week after.  For my 4 months stay here in this company, I have never received my salary full and on time. 

Thank you so much.

4Salary on hold Empty Re: Salary on hold Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, it is not lawful

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Salary on hold Empty Re: Salary on hold Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

i dont think that it is right to hold an employee's salary as punishment.. the employees concerned should report this to DOLE.

6Salary on hold Empty Re: Salary on hold Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:01 am

ellaine.alumaga

Arresto Menor

How about po yung case ko? I worked in a company for 2 months only and I passed my resignation due to some issues like ayaw ko na po kasi yung treatment sa akin ng isang employee ng company, instead na magkaron pa ng mas malaking conflict umalis na lang po ako. I resigned and then the next day I did not report for work anymore. I also gave them my exit interview form as a requirement for the clearance. After 2 weeks inayos ko na po ang clearance ko and it was signed and cleared by all the departments. I called the office and they told me I can pick up my final pay na daw. When I came, bigla ako ininform na naka-hold ang cheque kasi the officers still want to talk to me about the issue. Do they have the right to hold my final cheque? What if ayoko na po makipag-usap and lahat ng gusto ko sabihin, I already put it in writing. Kindly advice me on this. Thank you very much po for your assistance as always. Have a great day po!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum