Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holding my last pay even when I'm done with all my clearances.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hannahalteza

Arresto Menor

Okay, so this is a long one. I worked for a company in Ortigas that is renting out in a condo-office type of building. One of the tenants in the building accused my boyfriend (who is not an employee at my previous company) of stealing a wallet while waiting for me in the lobby. Now, we threatened to sue the accusers of oral defamation. After that, they just dropped their 'claim' about the wallet. After that incident, I resigned. But my resignation wasn't based on that event alone. I have finished all my clearances and all that. In fact, I have a copy of my clearance form signed by the Operations Manager. But the thing is, I checked my atm and they did not give me my last pay. And now they're telling me that they are holding my last pay because of the issue with the wallet because it 'tainted' their name. Mind you, I wasn't directly involved nor did the incident happen within the company. Do they have a right to do such a thing? And what grounds could I possibly hold them accountable? Thanks!

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if they already cleared you then you have to get your last pay.. you can file money claim at DOLE.

attyLLL

i agree, no right to do that. you can file a claim at dole or at nlrc

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Desperate moves of some employers just to enriched themselves..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum