Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

holding of salary

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1holding of salary Empty holding of salary Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:36 am

babycat

Arresto Menor

hi,

will it be legal if our account manager would put a hold on my salary this coming 15th of July?

i am currently on Leave of Absence (LOA) due to a family emergency and it will be until the 3rd week of July. My supervisor however mentioned that there is a possibility that my salary on 15th of July will be put on hold temporarily. Even though I am on LOA, I should still have a salary on the 15th which covers the 23 June up to 7 July cut off (that's basically my salary for 23 to 30 June).

My supervisor is not that certain but when he asked the manager, the manager said "yes" (that it will be put on hold until I return from to work). Our manager is known for power tripping and unfair judgement (promoting his circle of friends at work even though there are still others that would best fit/deserving for the position). In this case, I am doubtful.

An officemate of mine asked a colleague and the colleague said that it will be the Account Manager's descretion (Callcenter Account Manager) so the overall HR does not have anything to do about it.

A friend of mine also went on LOA for two weeks but the salary wasn't placed on hold that time for the reason that the topic was never opened to the manager (ung holding of salary). A few friends told me I never should have mentioned it to my supervisor (so that my sup did not ask the manager).

If that happens, will it be legal? I am just on LOA and I will be back during the last week of July. What are my rights?

Please advice.

Thanks.

2holding of salary Empty Re: holding of salary Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:30 am

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

Services rendered should be paid accordingly, however, since you are currently on LOA, maybe the HR anticipates that you will not report back,  thus your salary was put on hold.  Assure them that you will report back immediately after your leave.

sigurista HR nyo, baka you have pending accountabilities..your salary will serve as a guarantee just in case..

3holding of salary Empty Re: holding of salary Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 am

babycat

Arresto Menor

a colleague of mine told me that she consulted the overall HR about it and the HR confirmed that it will be the discretion of the operations manager daw if ever it happens (if ma hohold sha this coming 15th). wala daw sila dun. the operations manager was the one who also approved the LOA for 3 weeks. Just wanna know if ever it happens, if proper po ba un?

4holding of salary Empty Re: holding of salary Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:03 am

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

It is not proper unless there is a valid reason for witholding your salary, if that happens, prepare an official communication address to HR why your salary was withold..so that necessary action/s could be taken against your supervisor.

We do not know whose telling the truth e..baka nagpapasahan lang sila ng bola.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum