Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

employment awol breach of contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1employment awol breach of contract Empty employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 12:57 pm

printer

Arresto Menor

This is the situation:

I am considered to be on probation status since it needs 2 years before we can be regularized. Hence, I am bound with a contract that I will be under them from June of 2012 - April 15 of 2013.

I tendered my resignation last March 8 with the effectivity date on March 14. The ground for my resignation is that I found a better opportunity or work.

The company replied to my resignation letter that they are not accepting my resignation, and further absences will be considered AWOL. But then, I pursued. I did not report after March 15, and continued with my new work.

Now, I am bothered because they sent a notice to me that I had a breach of contract due to abandonment of work, and I have to reply within 5 days, if not, I am waiving my right to be heard.

2employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

you should have rendered 30 days notice.

3employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 2:15 pm

printer

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the reply. But I did not rendered the 30 days because the hiring of my new employer is urgent.

Given the situation, what can I do?

4employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 2:17 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

as you said they're now charging you with breach of contract.. so you have to face that..

5employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

also - your new employer should have known that by law, it requires you to submit your resignation with 30 days notice.. if they really want you then they should have waited..

6employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm

printer

Arresto Menor

Okay... For clarification only, even if my contract expired already last April 15, they can still charge me with a breach of contract?

Thanks!

7employment awol breach of contract Empty Re: employment awol breach of contract Fri May 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

march 14 ka nag resign.. april 15 yung end of contract..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum