Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please advise about collection harassment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

xryztinf

Arresto Menor

Good day.

Last year when my mom was living with me, she borrowed 35k from a friend. I told her that I'll help her any way I can. When she moved to another place, the person she borrowed money from came to me saying that my mother told her that the loan is not hers but mine to begin with and it has a 5% interest monthly totaling to maybe about 50K now. I never signed anything but she came here demanding that I should sign a notebook saying I'll pay for it. Now I wouldn't do that under normal circumstances but she's the principal from my kid's school and when she went to the place I live in, her companion is a bit loud and I don't want any scenes so I signed telling her I'll pay but I didn't specify any amount. Does she have any grounds to file a case against me? Or what would be the best thing I should do to stop her from harassing me thru text, gossip, etc. Also I don't think she has any license in this loaning business of hers.

Talking to my mom is not an option here because she did this before to other people as well and just run away from it. In my case, I want this settled so I really need advice and if I want to pursue this legally, what kind of lawyer do I need?

Your response will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

xryztinf

Arresto Menor

Good day.

I am hoping that someone will respond to this post. Thanks!

3Please advise about collection harassment Empty No Moderator on this Site Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:05 pm

xryztinf

Arresto Menor

I guess no one is moderating this site then. Been checking on my post for some time now and it seems no one is responding to it. Is this such a difficult situation that no answer will suffice?

9pool2

Arresto Menor

Grabe yang nanay mo. Kung ako sayo, sugurin mo nanay mo para magtanda!

attyLLL

sorry, can't cover everything on the site.

not sure what you signed, but if i were her lawyer, i would argue that you guaranteed the loan.

if i were your lawyer, i would argue that it was not a guarantee. if there's no written agreement on interest, no interest is payable. moreover, 5% is an unconscionable amount.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum