Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

collection agency harassment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1collection agency harassment Empty collection agency harassment Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:37 am

HarassED

HarassED
Arresto Menor

Hi, good evening po! A guy claiming to be Col. Marlon Miranda from Camp Crame called me earlier today telling me that I have an arrest warrant daw for breach of contract and that people from Camp Crame are on their way to my hometown and that their flight is "today." He also told me that they will be coordinating with the local police to serve my arrest warrant and that dapat daw akong sumama sa kanila ng maayos. Masyado ho syang matapang and was even shouting at me already right off the bat; as soon as I said "hello." At the time of the phone conversation, I had no idea what contract he was talking about, so I calmly asked him to what contract he was referring to. He got angry and was shouting at me all the more at the same time becoming very evasive na. He shouted at me saying, "Hindi ko alam! Basta may pinirmahan kang contrata at dapat mong tawagan itong number na ito, sa office ni Atty. Villalon. Siya ang naghabla sa iyo. Siya dapat kausapin mo tungkol diyan." Then, without even giving me a chance to put in a word, he proceeded to dictate the number for this certain Atty. Villalon and then binabaan na ako ng telepono.

Then little later, I remembered that I have a postpaid plan that I have not been able to pay for several months na. I had to stop payment kasi because I got sick and hospitalized (ovarian/uterus problems) and I am currently maintained on additional meds that are really expensive. So, as you can conclude, drained talaga ang finances namin. I had no plan of discontinuing my contract with them naman talaga. I was just waiting for me to be off the meds para makaluwag and then pay them, kasi with the meds drained talaga ang funds and it took a long time for me to accumulate the money I need to pay the cellular network the amount that I owe them (which includes the interests plus the reconnection fees). Later in the day ho, a kind-hearted person let me borrow money just enough for me to pay the unpaid bills plus the other fees after learning of my predicament. So, I went kaagad to the office of the cellular network and asked how to go about paying the bills and asked them as well regarding the things I need to do because of what happened nga. They told me to just pay the due amount plus the other fees, which I did. I asked them what will happen next, they told me that I will get my service back as soon as they post my payment.

Sir, after reading the other topics here on your site and during my research over the net, I now know that what happened to me was a CLASSIC COLLECTION AGENCY HARASSMENT, especially now that I have been able to look back and really review what transpired during that phone call and remembering how evasive he was when I started to ask him questions, as well as all the other things he did during that phone call. My question now is, what will happen to the collection agency now that I have "reactivated" (I don't know if this is the right term that I should use though) my contract with the cellular network? Will they stop harassing me? How do I answer them if they should call back and harass me again? Will my paying the cellular network my due be enough? Kasi ho sa pagkakaalam ko, that is why the collection agency is the one demanding the payment because it is possible na they have already "bought" my account from the cellular network. Will the cellular network be withdrawing my account from them since I have "reactivated" my subscription with them? I just would like to know what are the things that will and can happen so that I will know what I need to do and know how to arm myself with the correct information and knowledge so that I know how to answer them should they call again, harassment or not. I have been researching the internet for information on a situation like mine, wherein the person harassed has decided to continue with the subscription/contract after a collection agency called to collect; however, I have not been lucky enough to find one

Thank you very much for taking time out to read my concern, Sir. Your help and input regarding this matter is immensely appreciated.

2collection agency harassment Empty Re: collection agency harassment Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

stop worrying it is not helpful. continue paying the amount and the harassment will be held in abeyance (meaning they will continue when you fail again the payment). if however you continue your payment and the harassment still persists, then you can file for a criminal complaint (in my opinion, other light threat, art 285 par 2/3). you can read the revised penal code if you so wish.

3collection agency harassment Empty Re: collection agency harassment Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

note further, if you change your address, please inform the telecom of such change.

4collection agency harassment Empty Re: collection agency harassment Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 am

HarassED

HarassED
Arresto Menor

Thank you very much ho for the information and for the help. Malaking tulong ho talaga ito.

5collection agency harassment Empty Re: collection agency harassment Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:48 pm

attyLLL

those are just dirty tactics of collection agencies.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum