Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Swimming Pool Construction

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Swimming Pool Construction Empty Swimming Pool Construction Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm

doncmata

Arresto Menor

Dear Sir,
I feel great to have found your site. Appreciate it very much if you can give an advise on how i should deal with the contractor i hired for swimming pool construction and landscaping.

Fact:
I am the owner who works here in Saudi Arabia.

Contract was signed by both parties sometime last year 2012 during the month of November

Construction period:
Starting: November 2012
Delivery: March 5, 2013

Separate letter of completion period were both signed by both parties.

To this date, the project is not finished yet.

Any legal advise will be highly appreacited.

2Swimming Pool Construction Empty Re: Swimming Pool Construction Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm

raheemerick

raheemerick
Reclusion Perpetua

if the said proj is delayed and didnt meet the date of completion. the owner have the rights to ask penalty to the contractor. it must be written on a contract to be signed by the owner and the conttactor.

but first? who makes the contract?
did the working duration is written?
materials to be used for the said proj and working duration must be written. any changes of materials must have the approval from the owner or consultant. minsan kc the contractor intended to change the materials to lesen the cost in actual. and the cost listed on a contract will be remain.
and about the working duration. like what i said. if the contractor didnt meet the completion date. the owner or consultant can ask for the delayed penalty.

3Swimming Pool Construction Empty Re: Swimming Pool Construction Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:14 pm

doncmata

Arresto Menor

hi rahemeemerick, thanks a lot for the inputs.
no penalty is stipulated in the contract shall completion of the project has been delayed. i think i will need to agree with the contractor this time and have them inked including penalty.

anong percent ba or magkano ang penalty sa ganitong mga projects? the project is worth 1M+.

regards.

4Swimming Pool Construction Empty Re: Swimming Pool Construction Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm

raheemerick

raheemerick
Reclusion Perpetua

usually. the contractor is always ask for a 10% advance payment from the general cost. the contractor must submit accomplisment report usualy evry month. para ma monitor ng consultant ang flow ng construction. if the contractor didnt meet the working duration schedule. the remaining percent of unfinish job will be computed sometimes depende sa percent ng hndi natapos over sa accomplished. pero mag kakaiba yan eh. meaning hndi pare pareho ang schematic ng penalty charging. but its a clear thing na dpt may usapan din sa pagitan ng contractor and owner ang tungkol sa penalty. klung wlang agreement sa ganyan.? wlang presure sa contractor at tatapusin nya lng yan depnde sa sched nya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum