Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of Surname thru adoption

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change of Surname thru adoption Empty Change of Surname thru adoption Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Sapphire_Corral

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Good day! My registered name in NSO is Rowena Bataller Flores. My parents were not legally married but my BC was registered under my father's surname (Flores). I don't see any acknowledgement of my father in my BC, only my mother's signature which is (Norma Bataller Flores). I checked with NSO and they have no record of the marriage. After living together for two years, they separated (according to my mother).

My mother is now married bearing the name of Mrs. Norma Bataller Ilagan. Since then, I used the surname Ilagan for all my school and work records. And for some reasons, they separated and no communication since 1982. They did not legally filed separation/annullment procedure.

My problem now is I cannot get a passport since I don't have an authenticated BC with the surname Ilagan. Is it possible for my mother to adopt me using the surname Ilagan even without the consent of Mr. Ilagan? By the way, I'm 39 years old now and I gave birth to a baby boy 3 years ago. Me and my partner registered our son's middle name to Ilagan.

Please I need your advise.

thanks and regards,

2Change of Surname thru adoption Empty Re: Change of Surname thru adoption Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:38 pm

attyLLL

no, you cannot be adopted by just your mother because married couples are required to adopt together.

however, as an exception for your case, you might be allowed to have a change of surname to avoid confusion because you have been using that name since childhood, although there is no guarantee it will be granted.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum