Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Period of Preventive suspension. Unclear

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Period of Preventive suspension. Unclear Empty Period of Preventive suspension. Unclear Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:17 pm

Tin001

Arresto Menor

It is not clear on me the law about the period of preventive suspension.
Is it 30 regular days or 30 working days? In the law, it is not specified regarding of it.

By the way, I'm on process of preventive suspension now. And the company told me that it is 30 business days. Is it legal? And if not, what action can I do for this? Thanks guys.

SECTION 3. Preventive suspension. — The employer may place the worker
concerned under preventive suspension if his continued employment poses a
serious and imminent threat to the life or property of the employer or of his coworkers.

SECTION 4. Period of suspension. — No preventive suspension shall last
longer than 30 days.
The employer shall thereafter reinstate the worker in his
former or in a substantially equivalent position or the employer may extend the
period of suspension provided that during the period of extension, he pays the
wages and other benefits due to the worker. In such case, the worker shall not
be bound to reimburse the amount paid to him during the extension if the
employer decides, after completion of the hearing, to dismiss the work.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

it should be 30 working days.

Tin001

Arresto Menor

So preventive suspension usually last for at least 1 and a half month? or more than 30 days?

attyLLL

imo, it should be 30 calendar days

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Biktima74

Biktima74
Arresto Menor

Hi Atty LLL,
I have thesame case as of the moment. can i file a resigation letter than waiting for the hearing to end?

attyLLL

you can, but they are not obligated to accept it, but they might

Biktima74

Biktima74
Arresto Menor

atty,
can they terminate me without much evidence po?
i am running to a month without any news of my status and i am scared din po to ask them. do we have cases of preventive suspension and pinabalik nila? any idea po? in case na sumobra, can i ask for something due to the extensions po ng suspension?

salamat sa pag rereply po ninyo sa aming katanungan mga atty's. mabuhay po kayo.

attyLLL

if you have been preventively suspended for more than 30 days, you are considered illegally dismissed.

Biktima74

Biktima74
Arresto Menor

our restaurant is full of cctv monitors except for the VIP Lounge whereas my Subordinate was accidentally caught by an audit chewing food. apparently i was around and speaking with him, he has been terminated already couple of weeks ago. i was explaining to them through my written sworn statement that i was telling him that it was a risk what hes doing and illegal when audit comes. can they terminate me still without enough hard evidence?
what are my rights po? when they ask me to resign, should i write a resignation letter? i am only new at the company(less than 6 months po)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum