Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absent without leave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absent without leave Empty Absent without leave Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:22 am

eq51765

Arresto Menor

Atty saan po ba ang office nyo kung ako po ay may ikokunsulta tungkol sa pagiging awol, mahaba po kase ang kwento kung ionline ko yung topic?

Maraming salamat po.

2Absent without leave Empty Re: Absent without leave Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:46 pm

Carmel Padilla

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po. Our kids gifted us with a 3 day travel to Boracay. The travel schedule, however fell on my husband's cut-off date (he's a salesman). Our attempts to have it rebooked to another date nor the option to just have our kids travel on our behalf, failed due to technicalities. And so, my husband sent via email a leave of absence without pay (feb 19-21) to his boss cc their HR six days before the travel (feb 13 @ 11 am, to be exact). Just a matter of hours, my husband again sent another email. While the 2nd email got a reply from his boss on the very same day, the email re leave was got a response a day before the travel thus, it left us not much time to have at least the hotel reservation postponed to a later date (since the hotel allows cancellation a week before the real time occupancy). The email from his boss says "if you dont mind, may i know the reason for your leave. These dates fall on our cut off days thus i have the prerogative to disapprove your leave." To cut the story short, my husband is asked to explain in 48 hours the reason for his AWOL? The memo, btw was just issued today. (I don't know if the delayed response from his boss is material). How do we go about this po? And btw, my husband hit 103% despite his absence.

3Absent without leave Empty Re: Absent without leave Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Carmel Padilla

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po. Our kids gifted us with a 3 day travel to Boracay. The travel schedule, however fell on my husband's cut-off date (he's a salesman). Our attempts to have it rebooked to another date nor the option to just have our kids travel on our behalf, failed due to technicalities. And so, my husband sent via email a leave of absence without pay (feb 19-21) to his boss cc their HR six days before the travel (feb 13 @ 11 am, to be exact). Just a matter of hours, my husband again sent another email. While the 2nd email got a reply from his boss on the very same day, the email re leave was got a response a day before the travel thus, it left us not much time to have at least the hotel reservation postponed to a later date (since the hotel allows cancellation a week before the real time occupancy). The email from his boss says "if you dont mind, may i know the reason for your leave. These dates fall on our cut off days thus i have the prerogative to disapprove your leave." To cut the story short, my husband is asked to explain in 48 hours the reason for his AWOL? The memo, btw was just issued today. (I don't know if the delayed response from his boss is material). How do we go about this po? And btw, my husband hit 103% despite his absence. Thank you in advance for your advice and for your indulgence.

4Absent without leave Empty Re: Absent without leave Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:51 pm

attyLLL

It's unfortunate that he was not forthcoming in the first place. did he receive any communication that it was disapproved? if not argue that he concluded that it was approved because there was no disapproval.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Absent without leave Empty Re: Absent without leave Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am

Carmel Padilla

Arresto Menor

The response my husband got for his emailed leave without pay (sent 6 days before the leave commences) was emailed a day before his leave would take effect and it says: "if you don't mind, may i ask the reason for your leave? The VL intended dates will fall in the cut off week of our STO this month. Hence, i'll be very selective in approving VL for mentioned week. would appreciate if you could reschedule your VL in the first weekof March. thanks" His boss did not categorically say he is not approving the leave. further, my husband checked the OTHERS option not the VACATION LEAVE in the leave form. In the memo he just received yesterday, it says "may i request your written explanation on your absence without leave...the leave application was received via email on feb 13, however this was not approved due to operational requirement..."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum