Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

your will to do overtime

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1your will to do overtime Empty your will to do overtime Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Lex Lawrence Quintal

Arresto Menor

patulong naman po asap

employee po ako ng isang call center company under a certain account, nagkaroon po kami ng isa pang training to cover up hours and expected call overflow due to super bowl event in the US.

the event is over then nangailangan sila ng agents this past week,

my question is pwede ko bang bawiin yung decision ko at may malalabag bang labor code ang supervisor ko coz i already said yes knowing that i will take calls on my rest day then nagdalawang isip ako when i found out na pati after shift namin on tuesday i still need to stay in the office and i have an event to attend that day that was arranged already since december.

actually our shift that week is 9pm(monday night)-8am(tuesday morning), the event that i was about to attend last tuesday was scheduled to start 8am, i offered my supervisor that i can finish my shift and will not log out early even though i have an outside of work activity that day but i cannot take calls for the other account and extend for extra 2hrs since the event expects me to be there in between 8-9am

he turned down my request and said "i am not approving it, finish your shift and take calls for them"

wala na po akong nagawa since he is my supervisor and i felt bad dahil may mga nasabi ng hindi magandang salita yung mga tao who expects me to participate on that event

ngayon pumapasok ako just to work but im not minding if my supervisor is around or not, pero feeling ko pinag iinitan niya ako since i was forced to take calls again for another account which is actually not my will, when i was to refuse once more he asked me why not but i didnt defend myself since i know ipapahiya niya lang ako pag nagrason ako, the bad thing about that, he told us its mandatory pero nung una dapat magcacalls lang kami for superbowl and valentines day, we didnt expect that till now magtutuloy tuloy yun...

yun lang po ang tanong ko kung may nalabag bang labor code dun ang supervisor ko regarding forced overtime which is actually outside the 8hrs working hours, approx 13 hrs rendered on that day.

thank you po
medyo magulo ang pagkaka relay ko ng kwento sorry po since till now hindi maganda ang saloobin ko tungkol dito

2your will to do overtime Empty Re: your will to do overtime Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm

attyLLL

while the supervisor was rude, the employer has the authority to require overtime. 5 is hours is long, but it is not unlawful to require it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3your will to do overtime Empty Regarding O.T. rendering Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

penndong

Arresto Menor

this is somewhat related to the previous post.

i also am a call center agent. from what i know, O.Ts are not mandatory (please enlighten me more). they should be free will and employers should ask employees to render O.T. and employees should agree to render.

in my case, we were TOLD that our O.Ts have already been pre-plotted. we were not asked prior to pre-plotting and the worse about this is that if we fail to render the pre-plotted O.T., they would mark it as late.

i just want to get different opinions and thoughts about this.i also learned from another source that companies can only mandate O.Ts if they are catching up for lost hours ONLY if due to natural calamities like, "the company has had an incident of fire and needs employees help to save the company", "if the production was affected by absences due to storms/typhoons".

hope you can enlighten me more regarding Overtime rendering.

thank you very much

Last edited by penndong on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum