Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resigning after end-of-contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Resigning after end-of-contract Empty Resigning after end-of-contract Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 am

xenosha

Arresto Menor

Hello All,

I've been working for a company for 6 months now and my contractual employment ended two-weeks ago (2nd week of january). During my supposedly last day at the office, I talked to my local-boss about the contract for renewal / regularization since he told me last december that the board had a meeting to regularize my employment with them. But then, my local-boss said that I will receive the contract in two days without fail and told me to continue to work as they are still finalizing my contract. It's been two weeks and there's no contract. In fact, I'm still working while waiting for that contract. But I want to leave the company.

Also, the project manager at our main HQ always promises me to have a conversation about my appraisal even before my contract ended, but then two weeks after my contract ended, nothing happened no discussion was made.

How can I do it the right way without making it AWOL or something like that? I have a letter that contains my culmination ready to send. Is it ok not to render 30-days since my contract already ended?

And the letter I'm planning to send, it's not a letter of resignation right? since my contract already ended.

Please note, the company is based on a different country and our office is like a branch here in the Philippines which I believe should still follow labor code of the Philippines.

Hope to hear from you guys very soon...

2Resigning after end-of-contract Empty Re: Resigning after end-of-contract Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:52 pm

attyLLL

if you're willing to give 30 day notice then that is perfectly fine. but if you are truly a contractual worker, then you are not obligated to give the mandated notice period

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum