Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Resigning before Start Date (Contract signed already)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

javagirl

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I have signed an agreement with my current company because they will move us to a different project since our current one will be terminated. The contract stated the target start date (Oct 1 2014) and that a bond of P100,000 will be included. I signed that in August however, I wanted to resign now because my boss who is almost the same age as my mother likes me and I want to spare myself and the company from controversy as well as for my peace of mind and safety. The contract didn't state clearly if resigning before the start date would be a breach of contract/agreement. Can you help me understand if it is?

Thank you!

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

javagirl wrote:Hi,

I have signed an agreement with my current company because they will move us to a different project since our current one will be terminated. The contract stated the target start date (Oct 1 2014) and that a bond of P100,000 will be included. I signed that in August however, I wanted to resign now because my boss who is almost the same age as my mother likes me and I want to spare myself and the company from controversy as well as for my peace of mind and safety. The contract didn't state clearly if resigning before the start date would be a breach of contract/agreement. Can you help me understand if it is?

Thank you!

Contracts are also covered by the Civil Code so yes it is a breach.

Art 1315:

Art. 1315. Contracts are perfected by mere consent, and from that moment the parties are bound not only to the fulfillment of what has been expressly stipulated but also to all the consequences which, according to their nature, may be in keeping with good faith, usage and law.

http://www.councilviews.com

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

dapat di ka pumirma..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum