Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Empty Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 pm

iceman317

Arresto Menor

I am currently working in a Call Center going 5 years this coming January. I was audited by our QA, arguing with a customer. The customer is insisting on something and i was just trying to defend the fee's involved in it. While I am explaining the fee, the customer keeps interupting me and overtalking. I got pissed off and answered the customer back with a rude remark. 90% of the call i was so patient even if the customer was being rude already. Im talking about the Installation Fee and the customer was insisting that he don't want to pay a Joining Fee, I explained to the customer that it is not a Joining Fee, its an installation fee. Then while im talking, the customer keeps on saying JOining Fee, Joining Fee, Joining Fee. So i stopped talking, then the customer said "You can call it whatever you want! You can call it Girraffe if you want but still im not going to pay for it!" I got pissed off and answered the customer "Ok sir, i will call whatever I want.. I will call it Monkey Fee.... Like you!.. Then the customer Hung Up on me.

Few days after that, I received a Notice to Explain Form, and the Sanction is for termination. I violated this, "Arguing with a caller or uttering rude remarks to callers/
customers. Also includes releasing line while caller is still speaking
on the line"

After my I receved the NTE Form, my supervisor told me that Im not allowed Log-in anymore to take calls. and they are now going to remove my schedule.

My Questions.
1. Can the company terminate me even if its just my 1st offense for the last 4-5 years of my stay with the compnay?

2. If they terminate me, can i make an appeal or file a Labor Case?

3. The reason why I got pissed off on that call was because on that day, we were informed that we will no longer get any salary increase. I have'nt receive my 3rd year increase which i am entitled because I already signed my Appraisal Form. I waited for it then they will tell us that our company will no longer give any salary increases, meaning Im not going to get my 4ht Year increase as well. Can i use that as reason why I am frustrated on that call?

2Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Empty Re: Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

iceman317 wrote:
My Questions.
1. Can the company terminate me even if its just my 1st offense for the last 4-5 years of my stay with the compnay?

Yes. As long as due process is observed.

Discourtesy to a customer/client is one of the most critical errors that are frowned upon by management. Sometimes they have what is called a zero-tolerance policy for this.

This is a very grave offense for most companies and as per the code of conduct, a terminable offense.

Theft is a similar situation - once proven, you would not want a thief to remain in the company as he could do the same again.

iceman317 wrote:

It is your right to appeal.

Filing a labor case would depend on the valid grounds you have.

iceman317 wrote:
3. The reason why I got pissed off on that call was because on that day, we were informed that we will no longer get any salary increase. I have'nt receive my 3rd year increase which i am entitled because I already signed my Appraisal Form. I waited for it then they will tell us that our company will no longer give any salary increases, meaning Im not going to get my 4ht Year increase as well. Can i use that as reason why I am frustrated on that call?

No. That is a problem separate from your concern.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Empty Re: Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 pm

iceman317

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
iceman317 wrote:
My Questions.

Yes. As long as due process is observed.

Discourtesy to a customer/client is one of the most critical errors that are frowned upon by management. Sometimes they have what is called a zero-tolerance policy for this.

This is a very grave offense for most companies and as per the code of conduct, a terminable offense.

Theft is a similar situation - once proven, you would not want a thief to remain in the company as he could do the same again.

iceman317 wrote:

It is your right to appeal.

Filing a labor case would depend on the valid grounds you have.

iceman317 wrote:

No. That is a problem separate from your concern.

Thanks for your reply Sir, now I am enlightened on what to do. I hope they could find some mitigating circumstances to lessen the sanction.

4Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Empty Re: Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 pm

iceman317

Arresto Menor

Additional Question
How about the removal of my schedule and not allowing me to log-in. My sup just informed me about it and i did'nt receive any notice.

5Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Empty Re: Gross Discourtesy to Caller/ Customer Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

iceman317 wrote:Additional Question
How about the removal of my schedule and not allowing me to log-in. My sup just informed me about it and i did'nt receive any notice.

I would assume that you were put on preventive suspension. That is management's prerogative. But you should have been advised accordingly.

iceman317

Arresto Menor

council wrote:

I would assume that you were put on preventive suspension. That is management's prerogative. But you should have been advised accordingly.

I was just verbally advised by my immediate sup, i did'nt received any preventive suspension notice like these:

In relation to the violation or infraction indicated in the Corrective Action Record Form 1 (CARE 1) issued to you last _____________________, 20____, results of preliminary investigation has led management to genuinely believe that your stay within the premises poses a serious and imminent threat to (please the appropriate box)—

[ ] the operations or property(ies) of the company, based on the following incident(s):

[ ] the life or property(ies) of your co-workers, based on the following incident(s):

Considering the foregoing, and management’s desire to have a complete and thorough investigation, you are hereby placed under Preventive Suspension for a period of _______ days.

Your preventive suspension will start on ______________ and will end on _____________.

PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ABOVE-SPECIFIED PERIOD.

During the period of your preventive suspension, please stay in touch and make yourself available for communication with your Immediate Supervisor. Being on preventive suspension will not release you from your responsibility to cooperate with your Immediate Supervisor, and/or to be present, in other investigatory proceedings, such as, but not limited to Administrative Hearings or Conferences that may be scheduled within this period.

Failure on your part to cooperate or appear in investigatory proceedings, such as Administrative Hearings, will mean your willful and voluntary refusal to participate in the investigation process and your consent to have management resolve the issue based solely on facts, testimonies and documents on hand.

Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you.

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

iceman317 wrote:
council wrote:

I was just verbally advised by my immediate sup, i did'nt received any preventive suspension notice like these:

At the very least, you might be able to demand that you be paid for the period of your "verbal preventive suspension"

iceman317

Arresto Menor

council wrote:
iceman317 wrote:
council wrote:

At the very least, you might be able to demand that you be paid for the period of your "verbal preventive suspension"

Thank You Sir for the prompt reply.
They are also forcing me to submit a reply to my NTE yesterday. It is written on the NTE that it must be submitted no later than 5 days upon receipt of the NTE. Yesterday was just the 2nd day since i received it. Im just wondring why they are forcing me to submit it immediately?
The reason why im not submitting it yet is for me to have enough time to explain myself, though I know that I really commit a violation. Can I question them regarding this during the admin hearing? or can i used it as a ground against the management?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

iceman317 wrote:Thank You Sir for the prompt reply.
They are also forcing me to submit a reply to my NTE yesterday. It is written on the NTE that it must be submitted no later than 5 days upon receipt of the NTE. Yesterday was just the 2nd day since i received it. Im just wondring why they are forcing me to submit it immediately?
The reason why im not submitting it yet is for me to have enough time to explain myself, though I know that I really commit a violation. Can I question them regarding this during the admin hearing? or can i used it as a ground against the management?

Answer to your questions: No and no.

They can ask you to submit your explanation ASAP since it is also in your best interest to get the process over and done with at the soonest possible time.

But if you want to use up the whole 5 days, that is your right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum