Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Special power of attorney

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Special power of attorney Empty Special power of attorney Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 pm

mang juan

Arresto Menor

my father is retired now and living in the U.S., he wants me to process his benefits from his former office here in the philippines. but his former office is requiring me to submit special power of attorney to process and claim his checks.

can my father send me a signed form and notarization will be done and affix here in the philippines?

thank you.

2Special power of attorney Empty Re: Special power of attorney Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

attyLLL

notarization should be done where your father is located. he should go to the nearest philippine consulate or embassy and have it notarized there. yes, it's more expensive, but you can make yourself liable for falsification if you have it notarized here in some tabi-tabi notary.

that is why it says "subscribed and sworn to BEFORE ME" and "PERSONALLY APPEARED". the affiant is supposed to go before the notary.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Special power of attorney Empty Re: Special power of attorney Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:06 am

mang juan

Arresto Menor

the statement "subscribed and sworn to BEFORE ME" and "PERSONALLY APPEARED" I think it requires both person the principal and the agent before the notary person?

4Special power of attorney Empty Re: Special power of attorney Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:05 pm

attyLLL

the agent is not required, but if you want to make it even more official, he can issue a statement that he accepts the powers and have that notarized here.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum