Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Based Employee to floating status

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NSD

Arresto Menor

We are on a project based status. The project is still ongoing, however, there was a requirement to downsize headcount due to decrease on call volume for call center. What are the rights of a tenured project based employee? Sending to floating status legitimate? are there any compensatory benefits to expect while on floating status? what will be the guideline of selecting employees to float versus those staying on the program?

stargazer

Arresto Mayor

Just a clarificatory question, are you a regular employee of the company or on a contractual basis?

NSD

Arresto Menor

project based employee hired 4 years ago. essentially regular as our employment is coterminous with the project, however, the project is still on going. only reduction on headcount due to downsizing.

attyLLL

you have a right to employment as long as the project is still existing, but if there is a real decrease in requirement of manpower, the company can suspend the employment relationship and put employees in floating status for 6 months

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

NSD

Arresto Menor

thank you. Can you clarify, due to the reduction of manpower. The company has moved the employee to a smaller headcount. now, can they reduced the variable pay ( this the actual line item on employees salary ) ? Meaning, there is basic salary, allowance and variable pay. the later is being reduced is it legal to be reduced due to assignment to smaller project?

attyLLL

in my opinion, that can be allowed if it is dependent on which project you are assigned to

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum