Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Employee rights

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Employee rights Empty Project Employee rights Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:33 am

hrlabor411

Arresto Menor

Hi.

I work for a service provider company and we are required to sign a confidentiality agreement just as like our company signed one with our client.

We are a project base employee and one of my officemate working for the company for 8 years committed a mistake in sending vital information of the client to its customers.

She was given a Notice to Explain and management and the client agreed to terminate the employee after her written explanation claims it was a complete negligence on her part and they deemed it as breach of confidentiality. Due to her years of service, the company granted her request for a clean employment record and file for resignation instead and effective immediately.

They are asking her to sign first the termination paper before accepting her resignation. She was also told that she will not be getting a separation pay as she is only a project employee.

Now we are all scared that it may also happen to us and our years of service meant completely nothing. Is what they're doing legal? Can she file a case at NLRC?

2Project Employee rights Empty Re: Project Employee rights Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:17 am

attyLLL

a project employee has security of tenure as long as the project is still on going. to be terminated for negligence, it has to be both gross and habitual. a single incident is rarely sufficient because of of the requirement of habituality.

if she files a resignation, it will greatly weaken her case if she files a case at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Project Employee rights Empty Re: Project Employee rights Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:36 pm

hrlabor411

Arresto Menor

unfortunately this has happened twice for her. It is great information though for us who has been really cautious of our actions. Thank you so much.

4Project Employee rights Empty Benefits of Project Based employee Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:44 pm

tatsky31

Arresto Menor

Hi.
I work as a project based employee for 6months now. Since i was hired i haven't signed any contract from my employer. The project lasted only for 3 months, since the project ended, i was assigned to do another task since 1 of the employees resigned.
I started working in lieu of the employee that resigned for almost 4 months now.

I just would like to ask if I am entitled to double pay on holidays that I am working and am i also subject to receive 13th month pay or any benefits.

please enlighten me with the benefits nad just compensation a project based employee should receive.
this would be a great help for me. thank you.

Last edited by tatsky31 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : subject)

5Project Employee rights Empty Re: Project Employee rights Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:00 pm

attyLLL

answered your email

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum