Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allowance for additional work load/ role

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Allowance for additional work load/ role Empty Allowance for additional work load/ role Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm

rpreyes

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I am an asst manager for an IT company handling customer relations. The Management created a new position of Sales Administrator to handle sales admin functions, including Account Managers. I applied for the position. I got accepted and was also able to retain my Asst manager position in the customer relations team, in short, I have a dual role, which is actually fine by me. My dual role started April 2012.

To compensate me for the additional work load, I was given a monthly allowance to be claimed every end of the month supported by food and transportation receipts. Starting April 2012 until June 2012 I have been receiving the full allowance. During that same period also, I have incurred quite a number of absences (10days) due to a sickness which required me to undergo an operation. Thus I was on medical leave from July to middle of September 2012 as mandated by SSS. During my medical leave my allowance was suspended, which is understandable. When I reported back to work sometime September, I immediately got to my agenda and picking up my activities. But when I filed for my allowance, my absences from the previous months (May to June) were deducted explaining to me that this is just fair and further relevant as a deterrent for taking leaves even if they are unpaid leaves. Is this legal?

Other sales people working on the field are also getting allowances, but they are not being deducted even if they take their leaves. Management told me that this is a special allowance based on the special workload given to me. But when I was given the additional workload, this was not explained to me and never was it mentioned even 1 time. I assumed that they just came up with this new policy when I filed my allowance for September. Because I was wondering that if this was already in place even before, then they should have started deducting my absences since my May allowance. This is the fist time that this happened in the case of allowances for sales employees.

Sorry for the long message, but I need your inputs here.

Thanks

attyLLL

ultimately, i'd say that the deductions will be upheld because it is structured as an allowance. this is also one of those things that will hurt your career if you push too hard.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum