Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non payment of Overtime hours due to unrealistic work load/ deliverables

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aceking

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to seek advice on how to properly address this concern of mine. This is in a BPO company. First of all, the amount of work quota being given is not right. Meaning, it is impossible for the analysts to complete within the regular 5 day, 40 hour work schedule. This is true for everyone in the team. The only reason they are able to finish before the next work week comes(Mon - Fri) is to come to work on rest days, Saturdays and even Sundays. They are only approved 2 hours of billable overtime. This has been going on for at least a couple of years. The analysts who had the guts to raise this issue were either terminated due to various technical reasons or have been picked upon by management(denied leaves even when it would have been ok to get approved, refused shift change requests, etc). Management is aware that analysts are coming to work on their rest days just to be able to submit and complete all their deliverables every week. Yet, they refuse to acknowledge the need for overtime. I would like to mention that it is futile to go to HR because the operations team especially the manager has a "very good relationship" with HR. As an example, as per company policy, an employee who reports a violation by his/her superiors should be given anonymity and should be protected from retaliation, but this has never happened.

Please if you could suggest a course of action for this, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you should resign and seek other employment. overtime will never be paid unless it is authorized and your employer does not seem to intend to authorize any.
unfortunately if hindi mo naman ma meet ang metrics, they will terminate you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum