Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced 16 hours overtime

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forced 16 hours overtime Empty Forced 16 hours overtime Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm

730sgb1

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,

I am a supervisor (actual company title is Team Manager) at BPO company under its Finance department.

Recently, we were acquired by a larger company and as a result it has been 4 months that we have been required to work16 hours for 2 straight weeks every month (January to April 2014)

When I say we, I mean:
Our controller
Senior manager
Myself
My staff (officer)

..as we are the only ones who close the books. My staff and I do most, if not all, of the actual works.

Here are my concerns:
1. We are not allowed to go home even if the work for 2 days were not done in a straight shift (16 hours straight work)

2. For 16 hours work we can offset 1 day off but still subject to approval.

3. Recently the controller said we can only offset if we worked 17 hours (add`l 1 hour for break which we do not usually avail due to time constraints)

4. Less than 16 hours cannot offset for 1 day. Even if we worked 15.5 hours.

5. We are not paid overtime, night diff or hazard pay because ad officers we are paid in fixed salaries biweekly.

6. Our previous controller allowed us salaried employees to go undertime to offset our overtime. Now we cannot even do that though it is an internal arrangement.

7. I am aware that there are legal bases for an employer to force employees to render overtime, but are they all absolute and without exception?

I would very much appreciate your thoughts and advice for each concern I pointed out. Thank you in advance for patiently reading this. Hope to get your legal advice the soonest.

GOD bless.

These forced overtime have been affecting my health, especially im pregnant and im my first critical trimester.

2Forced 16 hours overtime Empty Re: Forced 16 hours overtime Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:29 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

730sgb1 wrote:Hi Atty.,

I am a supervisor (actual company title is Team Manager) at BPO company under its Finance department.

Recently, we were acquired by a larger company and as a result it has been 4 months that we have been required to work16 hours for 2 straight weeks every month (January to April 2014)

When I say we, I mean:
Our controller
Senior manager
Myself
My staff (officer)

..as we are the only ones who close the books. My staff and I do most, if not all, of the actual works.

Here are my concerns:
1. We are not allowed to go home even if the work for 2 days were not done in a straight shift (16 hours straight work)

2. For 16 hours work we can offset 1 day off but still subject to approval.

3. Recently the controller said we can only offset if we worked 17 hours (add`l 1 hour for break which we do not usually avail due to time constraints)

4. Less than 16 hours cannot offset for 1 day. Even if we worked 15.5 hours.

5. We are not paid overtime, night diff or hazard pay because ad officers we are paid in fixed salaries biweekly.

6. Our previous controller allowed us salaried employees to go undertime to offset our overtime. Now we cannot even do that though it is an internal arrangement.

7. I am aware that there are legal bases for an employer to force employees to render overtime, but are they all absolute and without exception?

I would very much appreciate your thoughts and advice for each concern I pointed out. Thank you in advance for patiently reading this. Hope to get your legal advice the soonest.

GOD bless.

These forced overtime have been affecting my health, especially im pregnant and im my first critical trimester.

Get a medical certificate from your OB to present to your management.

http://www.councilviews.com

3Forced 16 hours overtime Empty Re: Forced 16 hours overtime Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

730sgb1

Arresto Menor

Reiterating last query:

4Forced 16 hours overtime Empty Re: Forced 16 hours overtime Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:01 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

730sgb1 wrote:
Reiterating last query:

Generally medical and religious reasons override any overtime or work schedule, subject to verification and approval.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum