Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

floating status queries - please reply

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1floating status queries - please reply Empty floating status queries - please reply Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:11 pm

bogz99

Arresto Menor

Good Day. I, together with few other employees at a company we work with were informed that due to the financial crisis the company is experiencing, they are forced to put us on 'floating status' without pay until they find new business or a position for us and we were made to sign an agreement to this effect. The indicated 'floating period' in the agreement is just for 4 months (dates specified). The period specified has already lapsed and I haven't heard from the company yet.

Am I within my rights to demand for my clearance and severance from the company together with my separation pay as indicated in the Labor Code even if it is just a little more than 4 months (6 months max in the labor code) since it is specified in the agreement we signed that it is only for 4 months?

Also, what if they say they want to extend it to the whole 6 months as allowed by law, can I refuse it since we signed an earlier agreement to ONLY 4 months?

Lastly, I can't find it anywhere on the Labor Code or any jurisprudence for it, but shouldn't the UNPAID 13th month pay (from January-May 2012 service rendered before put on floating status) be included in the computation of separation pay?

Please, please advise. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by bogz99 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional question)

attyLLL

in my opinion, you can already demand it at the 4th month because it has become a contractual and vested right.

however, the legal remedy if they refuse is to file a complaint, and it may reach the 6th month already before anything substantial happens.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

bogz99

Arresto Menor

I have sent a very courteous letter to HR asking for clearance and severance from the company. I understand the intelligence in your advice attyLLL, that it would probably take more time, stress, effort and financial drawback to pursue any legal remedy. Sadly, this maximum 6 months provision in the Labor Code for 'floating status' is too long for an employee not to look for another job and thus being abused by companies (especially BPOs) to avoid paying separation pay to their employees.

What about the unpaid 13th month pay? shouldn't it be included in the separation pay computation?

thankyou for taking the time to respond attyLLL. more power and God Bless!

4floating status queries - please reply Empty FLOATING FOR 30 DAYS Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 pm

BaBe

Arresto Menor

hoping to get a reply..

working po ako sa call center for almost 2years. ung account po namin is tinanggal ng company dahil hindi nagkasundo s bayaran. nong sept. 30 po un. pinag leave po kme ng 1 week using our VL/SL kase dw po no work no pay while waiting for new account. nagkaron po kame ng account. unfortunately, kasama po ako don sa mga hindi nakapasa. endorsed po ulit kame sa bagong account at don po kame nakapasa. ang kaso po ang training namin Nov. 12 pa. hindi po kame pinpapasok at pinapagamit po ulit samin ung VL/SL na natitira namin. kung maubos po un no work no pay n po. kase dw po floating status kame at hindi n daw nila ksalanan bkit hndi kame nakapasa sa unang acct.

pag floating status po b, no work no pay? tsaka more than a month na po kame folating since nov. 12 pa kame babalik, dpat po db may redundancy pay n kme?

SALAMAT PO SA MAGIGING REPLY

bogz99

Arresto Menor

attorneys, any reply on my query above?

attyLLL

bogz, in my opinion, the period of suspension of employments should not be included in the computation of 13th month pay.

babe, floating status can be up to 6 months

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum