Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last/Final Pay and 13th month pay questions.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

capstab

Arresto Menor

I just gave 30 day notice from my job on Oct 9 and my last day (as advised by HR) will be on Nov 10 (Saturday).

Our pay is provided once a month at the end of every month (30th or 31st).

I have a couple questions:

1. will I still receive my regular paycheck for the month of October on October 31? Or will this paycheck be included in my final pay?

2. When will my 13th month pay be distributed, I read that you could request for the 13th month pay before your last day.

3. I also receive commission from my job which is given at the end of the month with my salary. I received my commission payslip on Sept 28 but until now I have not received the payment of my commissions. I have followed up with our HR and finance department but they are unable to tell me when I will receive it. Is there a way I can demand for payment without causing too much of a fuss?

capstab

Arresto Menor

Before someone states that i should inquire with my HR department, my company is known to with hold payments and commission until people threaten to sue. HR will not help as if management states that they will by release my commission or include my October pay into final pay then HR will convey that message to the employee as, usually, they feel the employee doesn't know any better.

attyLLL

the general rule is that an employer may withhold salary for a reasonable period until the employee has completed clearance.

what i recommend to you is to inquire before hand what will be the items they will look at for clearance and you start fulfilling them now.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum