Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary Contract for 2.5 years

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary Contract for 2.5 years Empty Probationary Contract for 2.5 years Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 am

capstab

Arresto Menor

Greetings,

I was hired by my company in 2009. They initially provided a probationary contract in the technical services department (service desk engineer). It has the normal 3-6 month probation conditions as well as a non-compete clause and other terms and conditions.

After 3 months of working, I was promoted from the technical services department to the operations department (service delivery admin). The promotion letter stated that I would be under probation again for another 3 months and afterwards it would either be extended, I would be kept permanently at my new position or return to my previous position. In addition, it stated that the contractual terms and conditions(from technical services to operations department) of my promotion will still fall under the T&C of initial probationary contract.

Fast forward 2 years, I am still a service delivery admin who is about to resign from my company. I understand that I am considered a regular employee but the questions I have are:

1. When changing departments (Technical Services to Operations) should I have been given a new probationary contract? I can confirm that some of the items listed in my old contract are not related to my job in the operations department.

2. After my probationary period as a service delivery admin ended, should I have been given a regularized contract? If not are the T&Cs listed on the probationary contract still valid?

I ask this because I am about to join a competitor and the non-compete clause could cause future complications although it states that I can join a competitor as long as they hire me full time but I cannot interact with my old company's "customer base".

In the event that the T&Cs still apply from my Probationary Contract and some of those items listed in the contract were not upheld by management, what would that be defined as?

Thank you for your time and hope for a positive response.

2Probationary Contract for 2.5 years Empty Re: Probationary Contract for 2.5 years Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:55 am

attyLLL

my position here is that a non-compete clause is enforceable but they have to go to court to do it.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum