Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Probationary Contract

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Probationary Contract Empty Probationary Contract Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:16 am

liz22

Arresto Menor

Employee is on probationary contract after 7 months of continued employment as temporary employee as (company driver), said employee got involved in a vehicular accident of this nature while on duty.
Documents submitted to company does not show any fault on the driver's part. Company made him sign a letter saying that while they are investigating, employee will only report for work when there is a scheduled delivery which is 2-3 times in a week. is this legal? additionally, since the company gave a specific time frame for investigation (2 weeks), what will happen if within this period they were not able to come up with a resolution?

Thank you!

2Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:08 am

attyLLL

was he still getting full pay during this period? this sounds like a preventive suspension in disguise but the employer has to prove that the driver poses a clear and present danger to the company. and if the period expires without being properly extended and being justified then the suspension is unlawful

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:30 pm

liz22

Arresto Menor

No he was not getting full pay. He is only paid by the day, depending on when he was asked to come in to work or if there is a scheduled delivery.

4Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:36 pm

attyLLL

he can wait it out or he can file a complaint at the nearest dole office

5Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:42 pm

matt2223

Arresto Menor

hi atty. i was on proby status as an asst manager for bpo operations when i got fired 1 week into the job. there was no explanation except i was not fit for the job. was my termination legally sound?

6Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 am

attyLLL

did your contract specify a period for probation? you have security of tenure during that time. but why did they terminate you? were you given a notice to explain and a hearing conducted?

7Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 pm

matt2223

Arresto Menor

@attyLLL, yes. it was stated there that I am on probationary status for six months. I can be terminated at anytime if I don't pass the performance standards after a reasonable amount of time. No process was observed. I was just told to process my clearance and never go back to work the following day. Do I have basis for illegal dismissal. Can I really be fired without due process just because I am on proby status?

8Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:49 pm

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Did they tell you that you failed your proby status? Did they explain or show proof (appraisal, etc)?

http://www.councilviews.com

9Probationary Contract Empty Re: Probationary Contract Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:50 am

matt2223

Arresto Menor

verbally, yes. i asked for documents all she showed me was a rating sheet where she rated me 1 to 5. i was rated 3 which is a fail. i asked for another chance, any assessment. she said the decision was made and i was fired. aside from that there was nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum