Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Husband married a Filipina US Citizen!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

specialmom

Arresto Menor

Sir,

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. One day he told me that he will travel to the US to get a good job since we have a special child. He said he got a tourist visa and somebody will help him land a job in the US.

He was able to fool me for years. I later learned that he married a Filipina US Citizen when the girl came home. Thus, they used that marriage certificate to petition my husband.

Now that he is already a US citizen, is it still possible to revoke his US citizenship once the US embassy learns that he submitted fake documents?

Hope to hear from you.

attyLLL

i don't believe it will be automatic that they will act on it, but you can try

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Attentionseeker

Attentionseeker
Prision Correccional

There's no chance you can have his citizenship revoked! If the citizenship is granted, any previous records he has is no longer their interest anymore, as when the citizenship is on processed they investigate if all the documents he submitted are originals and when it's been granted it means it passed the verification point! Therefore, they will no longer investigate with his previous citizenship! On the other hand, if he kept a dual citizenship you can then chase after him under Philippines law! But it's not that easy as you need the Philippines Embassy to cooperate with you! And in order to do this they normally assist you if you are also in the US territory. No

specialmom wrote:Sir,

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. One day he told me that he will travel to the US to get a good job since we have a special child. He said he got a tourist visa and somebody will help him land a job in the US.

He was able to fool me for years. I later learned that he married a Filipina US Citizen when the girl came home. Thus, they used that marriage certificate to petition my husband.

Now that he is already a US citizen, is it still possible to revoke his US citizenship once the US embassy learns that he submitted fake documents?

Hope to hear from you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum