Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voluntary application in workforce reduction program is subject to management's approval

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dmyx2

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

The company i'm currently working for needs to cut expenses by terminating around 10% of the regular employees. They are offering a certain package as required by law and is accepting voluntary applications. However, we were told that even if an employee volunteers, it is still subject to management's approval. They have the right to keep the employee who volunteered and terminate the last hired employee. Is this allowed by law? It looks like this is advantageous to the company since they will spend little amount (in severance pay) in the last hired employee than the seniors. What are the lawful reasons by the company to keep that employee who volunteered? On the other hand, what should be the reasons by the employee so that there is no way that the company disapprove his voluntary application?

Thank you.

attyLLL

i have to agree that it is within the management prerogative to choose which ones to allow to resign.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum