Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

reduction of salary without notice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1reduction of salary without notice Empty reduction of salary without notice Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 pm

iamaraw

Arresto Menor

good day. I work for a korean company. I have been here for about a year and i was promoted to head teacher (verbal agreement) last september. I am also a regular employee of the academy since I was their first teacher and I was receiving a compensation of 35,000/ month and i was asked to work from 10am to 7 pm (sometimes 8 if their are students asking to finish late) from Monday to Friday and i work 3 hours every saturday. I do not have a contract with them to prove that I am a regular employee. however, I have a certificate of employment indicating my position and monthly salary.

My problem is this, this monday, my boss has informed me that the academy will undergo changes because it is not making any profit and so they have decided that they are going to change my salary from 35,000/month to a basic pay of 12,000/ month for 20 hours and then the exceeding would be on incentive basis of 125/hour. and they said that it is going to be implemented effective immediately. I have consulted a friend who recently took the bar exam last year and what he said was that I should talk to my boss and say that they should give me at least 30 days notice before implementation according to the law. but what my boss said was "please forget about the law."

now i am very stressed because 12,000 would not cover all my monthly expenses of:

10,000/month on car installment
3,250/month for house rental
2,500/ month postpaid plan
10,000/month miscellaneous expenses (dogfood, everyday meals, transportation costs, etc.)

what should I do? I know that if I resign and ask for a separation pay, they would also not give it to me. thank you Crying or Very sad 

2reduction of salary without notice Empty Re: reduction of salary without notice Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:20 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

File DIMINUTION OF BENEFITS AT nearest DOLE.
That's Korean management tactics.
They don;t even bother to follow laws of the land.

3reduction of salary without notice Empty Re: reduction of salary without notice Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:36 pm

iamaraw

Arresto Menor

alexisbantilan wrote:File DIMINUTION OF BENEFITS AT nearest DOLE.

thank you..but do I have a high chance of winning even though I do not have a contract po? Sad 

4reduction of salary without notice Empty Re: reduction of salary without notice Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:46 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

iamaraw wrote:
alexisbantilan wrote:File DIMINUTION OF BENEFITS AT nearest DOLE.

thank you..but do I have a high chance of winning even though I do not have a contract po? Sad 

Even no contract, youre still considered as employee.
Besides you can show your pay slip as evidence

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum