Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forcefully Reduced rather than "Reduction in Force"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shyamc84

Arresto Menor

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am an Indian citizen working in the Philippines for a BPO. I have been with the company for over 5 years and in July 2011, i had to go back to India and get a minor surgery done (related to my heart). After getting the procedure done at India and also obtaining all the necessary "Fit to work" documents from the doctor as well as doctors in Philippines, i resumed work. I was called by my company's Vice President for HR and i was suggested to relocate back to India on behalf of health grounds (Verbally Only). I was not assigned any work responsibilities and though i sent several emails to them about me being Fit, i did not get any replies from them via EMAIL. Then finally i was allowed to stay and work in the Philippines. In a week after this was told to me, my boss as well as my HR director told me that i will be put on "Bench" for a period of 15 days(Unpaid) during which i will have to find a place for me within the company. I was trying hard everywhere and there were several process lapses from HR side and i finally was informed that i was "Overqualified". Then after the 15 day period ended i was informed that i will not be given opportunities for fina myself a place for me witin the company for the next 30 paid days (Notice Period). Hence i had to obtain special permission from the HR folks explaining them what happened and they told me that my request will be considered and they asked me to find a place. I was able to find several openings within the company and i was also chosen for a position inside the company by few managers. Inspite of all this, the company HR folks told me that i will not be allowed to push through with the positions and my contract has to be ended on grounds of "Reduction in Force". It was very evident that the company had started looking at me as a liability and did not want to take any risks. Hence it seemed very clear that the people in the company were playing games to get me out. And finally my employment was also ended on December 16, 2011 and i am now waiting for my back pay.

Please see if you can shed some light on my concern. I have a feeling that i have been treated so much unfairly.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum