Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voluntary Separation Program (VSP)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Voluntary Separation Program (VSP) Empty Voluntary Separation Program (VSP) Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:03 am

hrinfocus

Arresto Menor

I was an employee of a Japanese private firm and have worked for this company for almost 16 years. The company is now offering VSP to its employees and issued a memo to public awareness (to all employees). However, the management has their target lists whom they have spoken secretly stating they have to apply for the program or else, they will still get terminated thru retrenchment. I am one of those whom they spoken to and advise to submit within 15 days my application letter for the VSP? Is this legal?

They forced me to apply for the VSP. Am I not protected by the security of tenure considering I am a regular employee and have worked for that company for almost 16 years.

Another thing, they told me not to come to work after I passed my application for VSP and they will process my clearance and last pay. For this reason, I was not able to turnover my job to other staff properly. And now, they are saying that my clearance is on hold and they will not process my last pay not until I turnover everything to them, do they have a valid reason to hold my clearance and last pay, eventhough they are the ones who forced to submit my application for the VSP?

Before that, I was assigned to revise old and formulate new policies. I have authored most of the new and revision of policies, do I have the right to delete my e-files? I felt that I was used, after finishing the revision and completing the assignment, they will just say that I am not performing very well, that's why even I am only 38, they advised to avail VSP or the Early Retirement Plan?

Is it also legal to implement such program without the discussion of implementing guidelines to those affected employees?

PLEASE HELP!

2Voluntary Separation Program (VSP) Empty Re: Voluntary Separation Program (VSP) Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:10 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes as it is voluntary, it is legal. Is it better renumeration than being retrenched?

Look at it this way, you will be retrenched na talaga, that is legal. The company is offering you another recourse which is this voluntary resignation. If mas maganda ito then take it. If mas malaki makukuha sa retrenchment then dont take it and just wait till you are retrenched.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum