Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Separation pay for voluntary resignation as per CBA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jfv

Arresto Menor

I need help po!  Been employed in our company since Nov. 2008 but I got  my appointment for regularship on Feb. 2000 after na po ng 6 months training and 1 year of probation, ganun po kasi ang practice na ginagawa nila noon.  

I'm still employed in the same company till now but  I already submitted my letter of resignation effective June 30, 2014.  May existing CBA po in our company at nakasaad po dun na entitled po ang regular employees for separation pay kahit voluntary ang resignation.  In my case, entitled na po ako dapat for 100% of 1 month salary per year x the # of years from date HIRED. Nakasaad po kasi sa CBA na pag 10yrs of service 75% of the monthly salary per year ang computation at pag 15 years naman = 100%.  Kaso ang sabi ng HR namin at yun ang practice nila noon pa na ang basis ng computation nila is not the # of years in service but from the date of regularship. So lumalabas po na hindi pa ako aabot ng 15 years if ang basis nila is from date of regularship.  

May laban po ba ako kung sakali na magreklamo ako sa labor sakaling 75% lang ang ibigay nilang computation sa separation pay ko?  Malaki po kasi ang difference at sayang naman po dahil pinaghirapan ko po yun ng maraming taon.  Ano po ang kelangan kung gawing paghahanda kung sakali? Thank you so much!

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

jfv wrote:I need help po!  Been employed in our company since Nov. 2008 but I got  my appointment for regularship on Feb. 2000 after na po ng 6 months training and 1 year of probation, ganun po kasi ang practice na ginagawa nila noon.  

I'm still employed in the same company till now but  I already submitted my letter of resignation effective June 30, 2014.  May existing CBA po in our company at nakasaad po dun na entitled po ang regular employees for separation pay kahit voluntary ang resignation.  In my case, entitled na po ako dapat for 100% of 1 month salary per year x the # of years from date HIRED. Nakasaad po kasi sa CBA na pag 10yrs of service 75% of the monthly salary per year ang computation at pag 15 years naman = 100%.  Kaso ang sabi ng HR namin at yun ang practice nila noon pa na ang basis ng computation nila is not the # of years in service but from the date of regularship. So lumalabas po na hindi pa ako aabot ng 15 years if ang basis nila is from date of regularship.  

May laban po ba ako kung sakali na magreklamo ako sa labor sakaling 75% lang ang ibigay nilang computation sa separation pay ko?  Malaki po kasi ang difference at sayang naman po dahil pinaghirapan ko po yun ng maraming taon.  Ano po ang kelangan kung gawing paghahanda kung sakali? Thank you so much!

Check your contract and the CBA to see what they say regarding separation pay and how tenure is counted.

http://www.councilviews.com

jfv

Arresto Menor

Unfortunately, I did not sign a contract.  It was only an Appointment Letter for Regularization that they gave me and I don't have a copy of it anymore.  Based in our CBA, retirement benefits and voluntary resignation shall be computed as follows:

5 years - 50%
10 years - 75%           Of the present basic
15 years - 100%         salary per year of service
20 years - 150%
25 years - 200%

May karapatan po ba ako magdemand ng 100% of my basic salary since ang length of service ko is already 16 years?  Tama po ba na gamitin nilang basis for counting of tenure ang date of regularization when it's not specified naman in the CBA?  Thanks po!

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

jfv wrote:Unfortunately, I did not sign a contract.  It was only an Appointment Letter for Regularization that they gave me and I don't have a copy of it anymore.  Based in our CBA, retirement benefits and voluntary resignation shall be computed as follows:

5 years - 50%
10 years - 75%           Of the present basic
15 years - 100%         salary per year of service
20 years - 150%
25 years - 200%

May karapatan po ba ako magdemand ng 100% of my basic salary since ang length of service ko is already 16 years?  Tama po ba na gamitin nilang basis for counting of tenure ang date of regularization when it's not specified naman in the CBA?  Thanks po!

Employment contract and/or company policies may supersede any others.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum