Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there's a Separation Pay for Voluntary Resignation?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

markentaro

Arresto Menor

Hi All,

Im seeking for advice, my wife is a private school teacher (kinder) for 9 years with below minimum wage of salary here in Dasmariñas, Cavite and we are planning to resign voluntary because her employer did not remit their SSS contribution for 3 years and now they did not deducting an SSS contribution, will my wife get a seperation pay from employer?

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

There's non..depending on company policy if they give it or not..But for SS concerns you can write letter of inquiry to nearest SSS and file non compliance to SSS policy, be sure to keep records of payslip to show that SSS contributions has been deducted but no remittance to the SSS.

mel.key.16

Arresto Menor

When an employee resigns, he severs the employee-employer relationship. Thus, such employee cannot claim separation pay because of his/her voluntary resignation.

However, if there is a contract between the employer and the employee providing for a separation pay once the latter resigns or the same is reflected in a Collective Bargaining Agreement, a separation pay may be recovered. The same may also be recovered if it is the practice of the employer for a long period of time to provide a separation pay to resigned employees. Other than these instances, a resigned employee may not receive a separation pay.

http://www.jimenolaw.com.ph/mlm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum