Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is a malpractice case cannot be filed by parents of a married person?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

prescinu

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

I have a very pressing issue bothered me a lot.

My ex-husband passed away few months back, but we were separated 6 years ago due other woman and RA 9262. And that other woman turns to be his live in partner to date and as per them 4 months pregnant.

My late husband died due to unsuccessful operation and family of my husband has a strong doubt a mistake from doctors thus he died since he is fit during operation time. Now autopsy is done and they given the case to lawyer to study the case. Since, I am outside the country, they keep on texting my roaming that because I am not in PHP they cannot file a case coz he died and status was married. They ask me to talk to lawyer to make me understood but I told them they can file and no need SPA coz they are parents.

My question is, is it true they cannot file the case if I will not give them SPA?

attyLLL

if they will file a criminal case, they can do so without you.

but if a civil case for damages, your authorization is needed

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

prescinu

Arresto Menor

Thanks for reply.

What is the difference of civil case against criminal case. For Malpractice where it will be? What kind of case they can file?

attyLLL

if you are seeking just monetary damages, then that's a civil case.

if you are also trying to put the doctor in jail, then that's a criminal case

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum