Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can an AWOL still be cleared at previous work?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

akosialdie

Arresto Menor

Here's the scenario:
I worked previously in a national government hospital. Nov 2008, I was granted to have a 2 month study leave until Jan 2009. My dilemma happened when i flew and tried a job offer overseas. I never came back to my post since then. I was informed then that my salary was on hold since the month of Dec 2008. I was also informed that the agency did a normal procedure like official home-visit, etc. At that time I was already building up my life and career as an OFW. I never tender resignation. My department head and colleagues also know where I am but I just put it that way. Now, I'am already settled and happy with how my life and career goes as an OFW. I was informed early this year that they put me on AWOL. I know that my actions had its consequences. Although, I dont find myself going back to Manila and work over there again for at least the next 30 years. I just wanted to clear all my papers from the government service. I'm planning to settle all my dues or any further obligations I have with them. Kindly advise on how is the best way to handle this.

attyLLL

first make a written request for a final computation of your last pay. of course it will probably be negative with you have to pay, but at least whatever pay you had left will be credited.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

akosialdie

Arresto Menor

attyLLL, thank you po sa response. Just want to take your view; will I be able to clear from the government service given na isettle ko un lahat. Like am i entitled to ask for employment certificate and so on...

attyLLL

theoretically yes

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum