Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

effect on buying a condo of wrong father's middle name in birth certificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dudeindistress

Arresto Menor

Good day! My fiance and I are currently making preparations to purchase a condo within 1 month (to be named under me, as I currently earn more). However, I realized that there's a discrepancy with my father's middle name between my NSO birth certificate and his NSO birth certificate (basically there is 1 missing letter in mine e.g. ESPRITU vs ESPIRITU). My father used to use ESPRITU but after my sister and I was born, he started using ESPIRITU as per his birth certificate (in fact, even in my parents' marriage contract he used ESPRITU). Since we were young, we've been instructed to use ESPIRITU as well (all of our docs, e.g. school/employment/govt ids, etc).

As the developer requires a birth certificate as part of the required documentations, would it be ok to proceed with the purchase with our current docs? Would there be any repercussions? If yes/no, what would be the best course of action? For our long term plan, my mom, my sister, and i am currently leaning towards requesting for an update to our birth certificate to ESPIRITU (via RA 9048, you think this is also the best?). However, I called the munisipyo and found out that if we apply within the month, we won't be interviewed until October and the application won't be finalized until 2-3 months after i.e. Jan-Feb 2013.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum