Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Termination Empty Termination Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 am

Stryder

Arresto Menor

I had been working with this company for 8 years now and recently I had an admin hearing with HR regarding my 3 unauthorized absences ( 3 instances having different dates ) which is ground for termination. With the 3rd UA, the reason why it was unauthorized according to them was because the date on the medcert was invalid. I was absent for 3 days and the date of issuance of the medcert was dated on the 5th day instead of the 1st day according to them. They gave me a show cause memo for that but it was not stated there that the medical certificate was invalidated so I was not able to secure another nor explain my side on it properly. The memo only contains the offense I had violated sans the invalid medcert stated on it. Later did I learned out verbally from my supervisor the real reason why the absence was unauthorized (a few days later after having signed the memo and upon notice that I am up for an admin hearing with HR already). My question now is if they terminate me for the aforesaid violation, can I file a case at the NLRC for illegal termination?

Thanks in advance!

Stryder

(I was able to submit again a medical certificate which will validate my absence just recently.)

2Termination Empty Re: Termination Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 pm

attyLLL

yes, that will be your legal remedy in case they terminate you

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Termination Empty Re: Termination Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Stryder

Arresto Menor

Thanks so much AttyLLL for your reply! More power to you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum