Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

i want to pull out my working visa application

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

irule00

irule00
Arresto Menor

hi i'm from philippines and wishing to pull out my working visa process, i started to apply to the agency( jopman agency) for working visa in japan last year of october,. and my employer confirmed my job there. i completed all my documents and stuffs they needed, but i made a decision that i dont want to pursue the job anymore this march cuz i found some job offer in another country. i often called the agency about it and its freaking taking so long for a visa process. i tried to pay for the cancellation and the papers i signed worth 20,000 yen but they didnt accept it due to some reason they said the employer effort whatsoever, so i gave another shot to wait for it and she said it will release this may but it didnt happen. so my concern is, do i have the right to just ignore it and dont use the visa if they release it, is there any more ways to pull out the visa myself cuz i have another plans this december. i feel stuck here waiting and they dont want to give my passport back..and im so tired of waiting for that visa which was since november 2011 as they said they started to process my papers. Is there any legal ways i can do about it? please help me Sad

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Let them keep your passport then they can never use it! then apply for the new one just declare it lost. No one should force you to leave, if you don't want to! end the story! Rolling Eyes

irule00 wrote:hi i'm from philippines and wishing to pull out my working visa process, i started to apply to the agency( jopman agency) for working visa in japan last year of october,. and my employer confirmed my job there. i completed all my documents and stuffs they needed, but i made a decision that i dont want to pursue the job anymore this march cuz i found some job offer in another country. i often called the agency about it and its freaking taking so long for a visa process. i tried to pay for the cancellation and the papers i signed worth 20,000 yen but they didnt accept it due to some reason they said the employer effort whatsoever, so i gave another shot to wait for it and she said it will release this may but it didnt happen. so my concern is, do i have the right to just ignore it and dont use the visa if they release it, is there any more ways to pull out the visa myself cuz i have another plans this december. i feel stuck here waiting and they dont want to give my passport back..and im so tired of waiting for that visa which was since november 2011 as they said they started to process my papers. Is there any legal ways i can do about it? please help me Sad

irule00

irule00
Arresto Menor

mdventura wrote:Let them keep your passport then they can never use it! then apply for the new one just declare it lost. No one should force you to leave, if you don't want to! end the story! Rolling Eyes

irule00 wrote:hi i'm from philippines and wishing to pull out my working visa process, i started to apply to the agency( jopman agency) for working visa in japan last year of october,. and my employer confirmed my job there. i completed all my documents and stuffs they needed, but i made a decision that i dont want to pursue the job anymore this march cuz i found some job offer in another country. i often called the agency about it and its freaking taking so long for a visa process. i tried to pay for the cancellation and the papers i signed worth 20,000 yen but they didnt accept it due to some reason they said the employer effort whatsoever, so i gave another shot to wait for it and she said it will release this may but it didnt happen. so my concern is, do i have the right to just ignore it and dont use the visa if they release it, is there any more ways to pull out the visa myself cuz i have another plans this december. i feel stuck here waiting and they dont want to give my passport back..and im so tired of waiting for that visa which was since november 2011 as they said they started to process my papers. Is there any legal ways i can do about it? please help me Sad

they said i will pay more if i dont use the visa once they release it and i feel stuck here lost my current job just to make it done. but the agency seems legitimate as theyre licenced of (poea) .its just the paper i signed i am worried about and i myt cant do anything about it,. what else can i do in a legal way? although i told them the real reason that i have another offer to another country but she just raised her eyebrow at me. its so annoying Mad

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

I bet she is just bluffing! Go to your Overseas employment agencies then tell them your complaint. It is no longer your fault that they are taking so long to process the visas. When visa are not issued within a couple of months time, you are not responsible if you take other options because you gave them enough waiting time. Ensure that you inform authority about this agency although they are legal, time is limited for them to provide the visa. They have wasted enough of your time, sometimes agencies are doing this without considering your situation just for the sake of more money they can get from you. Mad

irule00 wrote:
they said i will pay more if i dont use the visa once they release it and i feel stuck here lost my current job just to make it done. but the agency seems legitimate as theyre licenced of (poea) .its just the paper i signed i am worried about and i myt cant do anything about it,. what else can i do in a legal way? although i told them the real reason that i have another offer to another country but she just raised her eyebrow at me. its so annoying Mad

irule00

irule00
Arresto Menor

mdventura wrote:I bet she is just bluffing! Go to your Overseas employment agencies then tell them your complaint. It is no longer your fault that they are taking so long to process the visas. When visa are not issued within a couple of months time, you are not responsible if you take other options because you gave them enough waiting time. Ensure that you inform authority about this agency although they are legal, time is limited for them to provide the visa. They have wasted enough of your time, sometimes agencies are doing this without considering your situation just for the sake of more money they can get from you. Mad

irule00 wrote:

thank you for your advice,its really helpful, i just dont know where to go or who to ask about my situation..ill try to call the poea and i hope i wont pay alot of fees for the papers i signed., its almost a year now

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

exactly! You have right to cancel it as they kept you waiting, they are inconsiderate!

irule00 wrote:
thank you for your advice,its really helpful, i just dont know where to go or who to ask about my situation..ill try to call the poea and i hope i wont pay alot of fees for the papers i signed., its almost a year now

attyLLL

your remedy is to file a complaint at poea. i don't recommend that you declare your passport as lost when you know where it is. i hope your communication was in writing so you can prove your efforts to cancel the contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

irule00

irule00
Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:your remedy is to file a complaint at poea. i don't recommend that you declare your passport as lost when you know where it is. i hope your communication was in writing so you can prove your efforts to cancel the contract.

I called the poea and yeah they told me i should go there personally and file a complaint,she said its alot of process and could be also have an hearing,i have a copy of the first contract i signed, i just want my passport back and not my intention to put down thier reputation and it seems id have to pay loads at poea aswell.i just wanna know my rights.what should i do?

attyLLL

you can send a demand letter, but if they refuse, then a complaint at the poea is your remedy. they might settle with you by returning your passport

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum