Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

expired post

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1expired post Empty expired post Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:57 pm

noeski0121

Arresto Menor

already expired

Last edited by noeski0121 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : expired)

2expired post Empty Re: expired post Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:39 am

attyLLL

The rule on deductions because of damages is as ff:

SECTION 14. Deduction for loss or damage. — Where the employer is engaged in a trade, occupation or business where the practice of making deductions or requiring deposits is recognized to answer for the reimbursement of loss or damage to tools, materials, or equipment supplied by the employer to the employee, the employer may make wage deductions or require the employees to make deposits from which deductions shall be made, subject to the following conditions:

(a) That the employee concerned is clearly shown to be responsible for the loss or damage;

(b) That the employee is given reasonable opportunity to show cause why deduction should not be made;

(c) That the amount of such deduction is fair and reasonable and shall not exceed the actual loss or damage; and

(d) That the deduction from the wages of the employee does not exceed 20 percent of the employee's wages in a week.

your remedy is to file a complaint with the local DOLE office. They will call you and the employer to a conciliation conference. If the claims of each employee is less than P5k, then the DOLE can decide the case, if more, it will be forwarded to the NLRC if the parties are not able to settle and the individual claims are more than P5K.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3expired post Empty Re: expired post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:23 am

neggies

Arresto Menor

gud am! I am working in a call center. I started in the company way back sept 2008. I decided to work part time last april 1, 2010 up to the present. being a part time employee I should receive my basic pay in half. I still received my salary in full for april 15, april 30 and may 15 payout. I advised my boss and she told me that it will be corrected and will not be deducted in full since it's the payroll's error. I got my may 30 payout and it showed that my salary was half the way it should be. Now, I received my payslip for june 15 payout. It showed that there was a 11,601 pesos salary adjustment deduction. there's also no breakdown for usual deduction like pag-ibig, sss, tax, etc. , just the deduction for 11,601. To sum it up, I did not receive payout for june 15 and I still have to pay the balance showed on the payslip. Attorney, is this legal or should I file a complain?

4expired post Empty Re: expired post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:49 am

attyLLL

i suggest that your first step is to inquire with HR regarding the deductions and what is the basis. if you were overpaid previously, then the company has the right to immediately deduct the over payment. if there has been an over deduction, then you should request that they give it back.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum