Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suspended with Salary Hold

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suspended with Salary Hold Empty Suspended with Salary Hold Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:28 pm

hardworker

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorney,

I am working as a Support Officer for a BPO Company. I am a regular employee and was just recently regularized. I was suspended yesterday because I posted a screenshot of my scorecard on my blog (I did it at home not at the office though). I was just so happy and carried away for getting high scores.

I cropped the pic so that it won't show the logo of the company but my score, the comments and the metrics are all visible. I'm not aware that it is illegal to do so coz I feel like it is the same as a student posting her transcript of records online.

I will have my administrative hearing next week and will need to reply to the Notice To Explain for Violation against Disclosure of Company's Confidential and Proprietary Information.

My questions is, is it really legal for them to suspended me on those grounds when the scorecard wasn't even controlled anyway and doesn't say "Confidential".

Also, my concern is, is it legal for them to hold my salary because we are supposed to be receiving our salary on the 5th with cut-off of 15th-30th of the month. I was suspended on the 29th. Is it legal for them not to release my pay on the 5th?

Please help.

Thank you.

2Suspended with Salary Hold Empty Re: Suspended with Salary Hold Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 pm

attyLLL

ouch that's rough, and in my opinion too harsh. for days that have already been worked, you should still be paid. for the period of suspension, it can be withheld unless you are cleared

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Suspended with Salary Hold Empty Re: Suspended with Salary Hold Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:50 am

hardworker

Arresto Menor

Is that act considered as disclosure of proprietorial information?
I want to know so I would know whether to accept the verdict or contest it.

Thanks

4Suspended with Salary Hold Empty Re: Suspended with Salary Hold Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:38 am

attyLLL

i would argue that it is because the scorecard is something developed by the company, but again i would not consider this matter so serious as to warrant termination or suspension. a written reprimand should be enough

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum