Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment Procedure to be petitioned by an OFW

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jessiebear

Arresto Menor

Hello po.

I got married last year 2000 and my husband and I lived together for less than a year and left him when I became an abused wife. We have a daughter.

We cannot file for an annulment at the time that I left him as we didn't have any money.

Now I'm working as an OFW since 2005 and self-supporting my daughter whose now 11 years of age.

My husband has another family now with 2 sons.

I would like to know what is the procedure on how to file for annulment and what valid reason especially that I'm living abroad? My passport name is under my name and hasn't used my husband's last name eversince. We were separated since 2001 although not legally.

Can anyone please enlighten me? Smile

attyLLL

what is important is whether there is a ground for annulment which can be proven. search the forum for 'grounds for annulment'

if there is a ground, the procedure allows even if you are outside the country, but you'll need to come back to testify.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum