Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CAN WE BE PETITIONED OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aljohndeleon

Arresto Menor

Hello, I just have one question for the concerned parties here.
We're being petitioned out of the neighborhood because of a false accusation thrown against my mother because of defamation (I suppose that's how they call it). We're currently renting a small house here in the province because we're waiting for our new one to be built (in Manila).
This is the case: It's almost a year and a half since we rented. my mother is close with the kapitbahay (Mia) to the point that we've used Mia's house to install our PLDT landline and internet connection. They agreed that they will each be paying for 50% of the whole cost. But after one month of usage, Mia failed to pay for it so they both ignored it. Tons of notices from PLDT came. It got disconnected. Mia promised to pay after 2 months, they agreed. But the bill amounted to 7,000 so until now the payment has not yet been settled.
TLDR: My mother and Mia had a rift. They no longer talk. But my mother is close with another kapitbahay (Loren) so mama told Loren that Mia hadn't yet settled the payment. It seemed to Mia that my mother is defaming her. So now Mia, who is a sibling of the property owner of the house that we're renting, is petitioning us out of the neighborhood.
The petition got more than 30 signatures I think (we don't have control over it since we don't have kamag-anaks here).
If the number of signatures has been completed, what do we do?
There's no tangible documents with which we've agreed upon renting the house (no contracts, no papers indicating how long we can use the house, nothing).
What if the property owner signs the petition?

Mia already filed a barangay blotter. We want to decline appearing before the barangay lupon because we're busy with so many things. But we're moving to our new house in 2 months or less, can we send a notice that we will be moving 2 months from now? If so, how? What kind of letter and where do we need to send it to?

THANKS LAWYERS! Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum