Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Selling tampered goods

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Selling tampered goods Empty Selling tampered goods Wed May 02, 2012 4:52 pm

yasfer21

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to seek advice on the phone that we purchased from a Nokia store. The phone was sold without a seal. We first asked for a different package but they told us that it was the last stock and assured as that the contents are brand new. We accepted the phone. Two months later the phone started to malfunction. We brought the phone to the service center in Megamall wherein they have identified that the product is tampered thus is not covered by the warranty. We complained, and on the succeeding days we were informed that they will cover the repair. The PCB or mainboard of the phone will be replaced and they will retain the warranty as a gesture of goodwill. We did not accept this because we are supposed to have purchased a brand new phone. Are we wrong to demand a brand new phone?

A few of my friends also went to the store to ask for the same phone and they do still have the phone on stock and the package is also not sealed.

By the way, the service center texted me that I need to go to Megamall to sign a waver allowing them to send the phone to level 3 in Makati. I did not sign this but they still sent the phone to Makati without my Authorization. Now I am asking them to provide my original phone and they did confirm also via text that they have already contacted the Makati office to find and retrieve the phone. Can I file a case against the service center?

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum