Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Large Scale Illegal Recruitment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Empty Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:00 pm

bochy

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I badly need your legal advice.

My husband and 3 of his colleagues was working in a call center last September 2010. They were contacted with apparently "Recruitment Manager" of the company and asked them if they were willing to work in Bulan, Sorsogon. They were promised to be paid double, not to mention that all expenses are paid and the promise of career growth in no time. They will act as the front line recruiter and trainer at the same time. Initially, the "Recruitment Manager" only asked 2 of the victims to join him. My husband and another employee were envious of the opportunity given to the two and was asking to refer them incase there's need for more recruiting officer. Then after a week, the "RM" asked them if they can refer another one coz they are short of manpower. So the 3rd employee joined them. My husband was the last to join on their 3rd week of operation.

My husband grew suspicious of the "RM" because he would always ask them to pay of the expenses of photocopying, fare, food and all. He then asked his colleagues if they have been paying for these in weeks. His colleagues said that they already spent all their pocket money and even had to withdraw some more to cover the expenses. My husband asked the “RM” when they will receive the fund because he already spent all his pocket money too. There was no clear answer to this so my husband called his cousin who also works for the same company to check on RM’s status. They found out he was already terminated from the company 5 months ago and that he and his 3 other colleagues were tagged as AWOL by the company for not showing up. When they learned this, the consulted with PESO manager who assisted them in filling complaint and so the RM is behind bars almost 2 years now.

Now my question is, since my husband and his colleagues filed a formal complaint and failed to attend 2 hearings, will they be issued warrant of arrest too?

My husband only received 1 subpoena in 2011 and he was just advised that there’s a court order for their appearance this coming May.
What will be their best action towards this?
Where can my husband get a copy of the subpoena?
Do they need an attorney when they attend the hearing or is there already an attorney who will assist them?

By they way, all complainants are residing in Manila so it’s really hard for them to go back and forth the province to attend the hearing, can they have it transferred to Manila RTC?

Thank you so much

2Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Empty Re: Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

attyLLL

probably not and the case will be dismissed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Empty Re: Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 am

bochy

Arresto Menor

Thanks. So if we'll attend the hearing, okay lang na walang kasamang atty?

4Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Empty Re: Large Scale Illegal Recruitment Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 pm

attyLLL

they're the private complainants so the prosecutor will assist them

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum