Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manager - Harassment

+5
ReneL.
mdventura
kathypikat
attyLLL
Cylver1
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Manager - Harassment Empty Manager - Harassment Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

Cylver1

Arresto Menor

yun manager ko po and I are not in good terms. yun manager ko is well know to squander company fund and have personal trips using company resources. Me and a few co workers tried to address this with local HR and him but to no avail. and since I am part of the said group that is against him he is somehow getting back with me by talking behind my back. Now i heard from one of my Team members that he is planning a closed door talk with my team alone. trying to fish out or dig out evidence of my flaws as a Supervisor.

is there any case of harassment going on here or is there anything i can do about this? I no longer feel comfortable working under him because of this.

2Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

attyLLL

at this point, all you can do is report it to the HR, but i would say that is within his management prerogative.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Manager - Harassment Empty manager harassment Wed May 30, 2012 10:07 am

kathypikat

Arresto Menor

Hi, I'm not sure if i should create a new topic or pede nlang dito since related naman ung question ko.

My managers and I (as a team lead) were having an email discussion about some issues. I tried to be professional in all my responses but one of the managers personally attacked me by somehow implying in her response that I am not a good team leader, etc. And note, my team was copied in these exchange of emails. Her response really got into me and bothered me a lot. I would fall asleep crying and I can barely think straight when at work and even when I'm at home. She's currently out of the country but in her last email she said that she'll deal with me when she gets back and it really sounded like a threat. The other manager asked me to just stop replying to her emails so as not to make a bigger issue. But I feel that if I do just that, she'll think that she won.

Anyway, this said, are there any legal means to address this issue? I'm on the verge of leaving the company because of this. And to think, just a few weeks back I have just been commended for having the highest evaluation among all their subordinates.

Help?

4Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm

kathypikat

Arresto Menor

Hi, any advice po tungkol sa tanong ko? Please help. Thanks.

5Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:14 pm

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

Well! she is just probably jealous and insecure with your performance, she fears that you may take over her position, that is the reason why she is trying to bother you! Why allow her to win on this? make more effort to prove yourself that you are not what she is implying to, instead of letting her get into your nerves work harder to prove yourself to others that you are not what she is trying to say. Filing a case against others is not always the answer. We have to learn to make distance and exclude people who are not worth spending time to think of! the more you allow them to bother you the more you are letting them win! Learn to ignore her and you will see the difference, she will get even more pissed, but she can't do anything about it! the more you pay attention to her the more she is finding a way to get back at you! Wink

kathypikat wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if i should create a new topic or pede nlang dito since related naman ung question ko.

My managers and I (as a team lead) were having an email discussion about some issues. I tried to be professional in all my responses but one of the managers personally attacked me by somehow implying in her response that I am not a good team leader, etc. And note, my team was copied in these exchange of emails. Her response really got into me and bothered me a lot. I would fall asleep crying and I can barely think straight when at work and even when I'm at home. She's currently out of the country but in her last email she said that she'll deal with me when she gets back and it really sounded like a threat. The other manager asked me to just stop replying to her emails so as not to make a bigger issue. But I feel that if I do just that, she'll think that she won.

Anyway, this said, are there any legal means to address this issue? I'm on the verge of leaving the company because of this. And to think, just a few weeks back I have just been commended for having the highest evaluation among all their subordinates.

Help?

Last edited by mdventura on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional info rather than posting a new one)

6Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:24 pm

mdventura

mdventura
Reclusion Temporal

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY! Razz

7Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:58 pm

ReneL.

Arresto Menor

dito na rin lang po ako magtatanong. Kinasuhan po kasi yung friend ko na supervisor ng manager nya for termination dahil misconduct daw na nasa labas na ng opisina. nag-outing po kasi kami at kasama nya yung iba nilang mga empleyado pero hindi sya company sponsored. nawala po yung kinolekta nyang pera na pambayad sa resort, kaya ang naisipan naming gawin eh kausapin lahat ng kasama para mag-inspection. nagkapkap po kami ng mga gamit at hiniwalay po ang babae sa lalaki para icheck baka tinago nila sa katawan nila. hindi po nahanap yung pera at binayaran po ng friend ko yung nawalang pera. ngayon po kinasuhan sya for termination dahil misconduct daw dahil may nagcomplain na empleyado. pwede po ba yun kahit outside na ng company?

8Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 am

attyLLL

kathy, lots of crap to deal with in the workplace, and this is good training for you if you can get through this. i recommend you stand your ground and write a letter to your HR if you feel you really need to do something about it.

renel, i would say that should not be basis for termination

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

9Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:23 pm

mestizapinay

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:kathy, lots of crap to deal with in the workplace, and this is good training for you if you can get through this. i recommend you stand your ground and write a letter to your HR if you feel you really need to do something about it.

renel, i would say that should not be basis for termination

I agree, right now I am dealing with a guy who used to be a web developer then turned into an admin head. Sobrang personal yung mga attack nya sa mga tao dito sa company namin, especially sa mga managers, like me.

During our annual evaluation, he gave us a piece of paper stating there that we are not fit to have an appraisal because we are lacking the initiative to fully develop the product, and nung tinanong namin sya kung nasan yung performance evaluation sheet explaining kung saan kami nagkulang, or nagfail, he told us na there's no actually document and everything is merely an observation. And then everything ends there, no explanation and he said company prerogative na daw yun and no need to discuss further.

I don't know if tama yung process na yun, but of course we wanted to know the exact reason and our shortcomings if meron so we can improve kung ano man.

10Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:40 am

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

Renel, I agree with AttyLLL. While it is true that misconduct is among the just causes for terminating an employee, the law however says that it must be a serious misconduct. Misconduct refers to transgression of some established and definite rule of action, a forbidden act, a dereliction of duty, willful in character, and implies wrongful intent and not mere error in judgment. The misconduct to be serious must be of such a grave and aggravated character, and it must be in connection with the employees work. Thus, unintentionally losing the c0llected money (which he later replaced) in an outing which is not company sponsored is definitely not a misconduct which is grave in character and neither is it connected with his work.

11Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:54 pm

gojohann

Arresto Menor

Hi, I would like to seek help regarding incident happend last week August 28, 2012. Just to make the story short its like a Fabros-Carabuena like inccident. Only difference is that it happend in office setup and no much physical contact but one is certain, the manager involved PUSHED me and shouted at me and calling me "BAKLA"

I did seek the HR's assistance, the next day. HR, Office manager and my country manager spoke to me (hindi po present ung manager na nanulak at nagsisigaw). The management wants me to revoke my complain. To the point that my country manager is trying to intimidate me. In short the country manager tries to manipulate things(Country Manager is Pakistani). and the office manager is supporting what my country manager wants.

What they are pointing at is that: pag nagfile daw po ako ng complain at nakarating sa higher management magiging maliking magiging problema. Considering that ung taong nirereklamo ko kay "right hand" man daw nin country manager.

ask lng po ng advice kung ano po ang possible na parusa sa mga ganitong case, I was harassed and humiliated in front of many people. Ndi po ako lumaban.

I'm just worried na hindi po ibigay ung tamang justice since nammanipulate po ng pakistani kong boss ang HR at office manager. Note that ang division po nmin ay bago, lahat po kami ay bagong empleyado and office manger lng po ang namumukod tanging matagal na sa Company.

xxxxxoup

12Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:12 pm

CaseLogic

CaseLogic
Arresto Mayor

Be strong enough to fight what is right and fair for you.
You can also resign from the company and file for a case against the manager who pushed and yelled at you.
Its very wrong to humiliate subordinates as it may cause of negative impact with their production and emotions.

13Manager - Harassment Empty Re: Manager - Harassment Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 pm

gojohann

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the response CaseLogic.

I had a one on one with our HR, I requested to have the right "due process" in accordance to company's policy and values. Well I do hope my mangyari before seeking legal advise from NLRC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum