Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

indefinite leave of absence

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1indefinite leave of absence  Empty indefinite leave of absence Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:34 am

ardeegreggy

Arresto Menor

dear atty,
I am teacher of a private educational institution for 10 years now. Last Dec., I filed for an indefinite leave of absence so I can concentrate on a very important matter which needs my full concentration and time. The leave was to take effect first month of this year.My indefinite LOA was approved with a note saying that I need to report on May 15 for the summer training in preparation for the next school year. You see, I have a permanent status already but our contract is only good for one year. Meaning, contract is renewed on a yearly basis. My existing contract ends 15 april of this year. My problem is, I'd like to go back to work now but my employer would not let me. They said that they have to stick to their first decision (of me going back to work on May 15). Is this still legal? I am confused because as far as I know, it was an indefinite leave so I was suppose to be able to resume work anytime that I am already available.Can you please clear my mind about this matter. thank you in advance

2indefinite leave of absence  Empty Re: indefinite leave of absence Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 pm

attyLLL

the school has an arguable case. an extended loa is not a matter of right so it is based on an agreement of the parties, and you agreed for it to last until april. the school probably had to hire a temp or rearrange staff.

keep trying to convince the school, but imo, you cannot demand that they allow you to immediately come back.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum